Bolt

Juliet shuffles slowly along beside me as we walk up the compound and towards the clubhouse. Elle and Mouse are outside, making out of a bike when Elle catches a glimpse of us and gasps.

Within seconds, they are both running towards us. Mouse gets there first.

"Bolt, what happened?" I can feel Juliet shrink behind me at Mouse's harsh voice, my hand finds hers and I give it a gentle squeeze.

"My old club, they took us. Juliet needs help."

"I'm-ok." She pants as the effort of standing with pain gets to her.

Sighing, I fix Juliet with a firm stare before I turn my attention back to Mouse. I will always find Juliet's stubborn determination as incredible, but equally in a time like this, I wish sometimes I could take care of her.

"Juliet needs to see doc, then we'll talk."

Mouse nods and steps out of the way, Elle has already dashed off to get the rest of the club ready in case of a retaliation. I can sense that Juliet's attention has drifted from me as she shifts from foot to foot anxiously. I follow her gaze and see it's locked on the car boot.

Right, I should probably tell Mouse to deal with him until I'm ready for him.

"The president who did this to her is in the boot of the car." I tell him flatly, his eyes widen in surprise but he nods quickly. "No one touches him but me." I add, my voice glowering with the promise of punishing him.

Juliet is starting to slump against me and I realise I've failed her by making her stand out here so long in pain.

Bending down, I carefully scoop Juliet up and against my chest. I thought I had been gentle with her but she startles in my arms and begins to shake.

"We'll be alright now doll, you'll be safe." I want to kiss her forehead, but she's still trembling so I hold back.

Juliet barely moves as I carry her into the clubhouse and towards doc's small medical room. I know that Juliet's injuries don't warrant a hospital, doc is one of the best and Juliet herself is medically trained and knows her body.

Believe me, if there was a millisecond of doubt in my mind that this wasn't the right thing to do, I wouldn't be doing it. I would never do anything to hurt her.

We would never do anything to hurt her.

My hellhound agrees with me, full of protection and pride in his voice when he speaks of our angel. I no longer fear my monster, without him Juliet may not have been ok to go anywhere but the hospital.

He helped me to save her, so I no longer fear him.

Doc walks in with a sorrowful smile as he takes in Juliet sitting up on the bed I laid her down on. She hasn't spoken but is gripping onto my hand so tight I can feel the bones grinding together.

"Am I just looking at Juliet?" He asks looking gingerly at my smashed up face and blood top.

"Yes, I can treat my own injuries. Just focus on her."

Doc swallows and nods before taking the seat besides the bed.

"Juliet, is it alright if Bolt stays here."

"Yes, yes. Please don't leave me." Her eyes spin wildly around to me and I squeeze her hand again in reassurance.

"I'm not going anywhere unless you want me to, okay?"

Juliet nods unsurely and I frown, does she not want me here?

"Promise you won't be mad."

My stomach instantly crashes into the floor. I had always assumed we were both just thrown into that cell unconscious together, but what if I was wrong.