Juliet

I help Rafael back into bed, the explosion caused him a great deal of distress and the resurface of many painful memories that child holds in his mind. I will be back in the morning to talk to him further, even though he's 17, he's still a small, frightened child.

Bolt is still shaken from whatever flashback hit him, he came back to me after a few moments of me holding him but he's still yet to speak. I'm not a fool, I remember feeling the scars on his back at sixteen with our night together. The scars on his back could only be caused by childhood abuse.

I hope one day Bolt will feel close enough to me to talk about it, but then again I did tell him I never wanted to see him again so maybe he won't.

"Come on doll. Let's get you to a room. You look tired." Bolt finally speaks, it makes me jump from my thoughts violently but I hide it with a reassuring smile.

"Aren't all the doors locked?" I ask as I drag my body out of Rafael's room. I'm so tired now I'm fairly sure my body's about to give up.

"There's one that won't be locked." He mumbles shortly, his voice is distant but not cold.

I press my lips together tightly to try and hide the hurt, I follow Bolt's tall form as he practically marches down the hall.

He opens a door and steps in, holding it open for me. I smile up at him silently, I remember how Bolt and I used to talk for hours. I miss that now.

Clearing my throat, I walk over to the bed and sit down. Something beside the bed catches my eye, a huge stack of trashy romance novels.

"Ummm?" I giggle, catching Bolt's attention as I point to the books. My hugely tattooed and hairy biker blushes, fucking blushes! He looks so adorably guilty and sheepish that I instinctively move over and stand before him. At first I reach my arms out to wrap around him, but then I catch myself.

I can't do that anymore.

My hands drop down to my side and I step out of Bolt's space. It hurts, wasn't the reason I told him to go because I didn't want to get hurt. It seems that whenever Bolt is involved hurt will follow.

Bolt breathes hard, throws his eyes to the ceiling before taking a step toward me. His hands reach out and take mine. A short exhale of air escapes me as his warmth covers my chill.

A light tug from Bolt has me pressed against his chest, his scent in my nose, his warmth on my skin.

Everything about Bolt is intoxicating, his very presence causes goose bumps to form on my skin, his voice causes trembles to my heart.

"Doll." He breathes huskily against my neck as he bends down so we're face to face. "I'm sorry." He murmurs. "I'm sorry for what I did to you."

"Thank you." I nuzzle my face into his neck, his beard scratches at my skin and it makes me giggle.

"I like this." I mumble as I lightly tug on a tuft of his beard. Bolt erupts with laughter, such a free sound that I laugh as well.

"Do you now?" He all but growls, his hands drop mine and reach around my body. His hands find my hips and grip onto the flesh I have there.

"Well I like this." He plays softly with my fat until I pull away. I had forgotten what it felt to be with Bolt, he loved every part of me whilst any other man I had been with ignored the less desirable parts of me.

"Don't." I exclaim as I stagger back and hit the bed. "Don't act like you don't find it disgusting. Find me disgusting."

Bolt snarls and drops to his knees, I wince. That had to hurt.

"I'm not acting Juliet. There is nothing about you that I'm not obsessed with."

"T-then why did you leave?" My throat crackles and feels tight, finally the question that has sat in my chest like a malignant beast has been freed.

Bolt clears his throat before taking my hands from his lap- even when we were together he was never this touchy feely.

"I was wrong to leave you."

"Yes you were," I chuckle dryly, "leaving the girl whose virginity you've just taken without a word is always wrong."

"No, I don't mean that... well not just that. I was wrong to leave you at all."

"Oh."

"I left because I thought you would always be in danger with me, that you would never be safe or happy with me... but I see now that you being with me was all I needed. I can protect you and- and I know I can make you happy. I-I can make you happy. A-and we will only be safe together."

I smile softly at his stuttering from nerves and squeeze his hands tighter in mine.

"Bolt." I whisper and place my finger under his chin, easing his face to look up at me, into my eyes. "I understand. I want you to make me happy... I want to be happy with you."

Within a second, Bolt launches on me, pushing my body down against the bed as his lips find mine.

He moves his lips against mine hungrily, stealing my breath and my heart once more. It's like we can't stop. Like all self control has been thrown from the room and now it's just heat and desire.

Bolt lifts me up without breaking the kiss and my head is on the pillow. Only then does Bolt break the kiss from my lips and moves down to my neck where he sucks on the thin skin where my pulse nestles. I gasp and moan in delight at the feeling of his hard body pressed against my soft one.

"How far do you want to go doll?" Bolt whispers against my skin, causing me to whimper and bite my lip. He pulls his lips away from my skin and lifts his body up so he's looking down at me. His blue eyes electricity lust.

He smiles at me and tingles rush through my body, settling in my stomach... and lower.

"J-just this for tonight I think. But if you're gone in the morning this will be your lot."

I point my finger in his face, brushing against his nose. At first my face is serious and stern, but I'm only playing. My angry exterior melts away and I beam up at Bolt. I feel his body relax as he must have thought for a second that I was genuinely angry with him. My sweet, anxious boy.

"I'm playing Bolt. Playing." I whisper the second repetition before tilting my head up so that my lips are nearer to Bolt. I kiss his bearded chin, it's all I can reach, and Bolt looks down at me again. Lust and love in his eyes.

"From now on, every morning will be with me by your side. That I promise."