Jimin turned away from the family scene and felt his heart sting a little. Against his better judgement he wanted to comfort Jungkook. If it had been June or even young Tae, who has expressed the same anxiety, he would have wrapped his arms around them in an instance, but his neighbour was different. It just was not gentlemanly behaviour to go around hugging another man and up until that moment he had never felt the need to. But Jungkook was having a strange effect on him.

Fortunately, the moment ended swiftly. Jungkook found the strength to compose himself, then with the carriage door opening, he climbed out and helped June and Hope exit. Confidence re-emerging with every step.

Inside, the world fair was unlike anything Jimin had seen before. Sights, sounds and smells were truly beyond his imagination. Every sense was overloaded. Vivid coloured fabrics, fragrant spices, sweet candies, crafted wood and oily machines.

Jimin wandered around taking it all in, feeling in awe of the creativity and innovation of the world. He stopped by some small stalls looking for a gift for young Tae. A toy maybe, or a puzzle for the child that was forever curious.

In amongst it all was a stand selling wares from the Far East. A Display of delicate knotted tassels caught his eye and he picked one up of deep red, to feel the silken treads slip lightly through his fingers. He has never seen anything like it and wondered if his mother would know what it was.

Jimin placed the knotted tassel back on the table, vowing to return to purchase one, once he had found a suitable gift for Tae and then would write his mother and ask her about it.

The hours past swiftly and once in possession of a spinning top and some peppermint candies for his dear nephew, Jimin spotted Jungkook standing behind a small crowd of gentlemen, engrossed in a demonstration of some large industrial machine. The handsome man nervously kept his distance, clearly uncomfortable in the crowd, but Jimin noticed there was something in the way he stood, that suggested he was keen to get closer.

Jimin had that feeling again, just as he did inside the carriage, the need to ease Jungkook's suffering, so he ventured closer to see what was of great interest. There he noticed something familiar about the machine. He had seen it before, albeit through drafts and drawings at Hannam Hill.

"Mr Jeon, you have designs of this machine at Hannam, do you not?" Jimin asked, surprising Jungkook with his sudden presence. At the mention of Hannan Hill, the gentleman demonstrating the machine suddenly stopped his lecture to peer through the crowd straight at Jungkook.

"God Lord. Are you Alfred Jeon's son? The man asked over the crowd, quite stunned at his presence, then beckoned Jungkook forward. Jimin gave his neighbour a reassuring nudge, until he was front and centre with the man.

"Well, of course you are, I don't think I have ever seen anyone look more like both their mother and father than you do. "the man said answering his own question. His pale blue eyes glued to Jungkook with a gaze of both sadness and astonishment.

"My name is Francis Riley. Your father and I studied together at Oxford; we started his project together" he continued to say to Jungkook, but also to the crowd of onlookers.

"But after he passed away, I'm afraid the design was cast aside for a good number of years. Anyway, come here, and let me show you the reality of your father's work" he said, pulling a cautious Jungkook towards the machine.

Jimin stayed a little while longer, watching as his neighbour lost himself within the machine's grandeur. When the contraption sent out a jet of steam, spurting out noisily into a surprised crowd, Jungkook laughed joyfully, which, in turn shook Jimin's heart.

That laugh was quite beautiful. Since moving to the village, the only smile Jimin had witnessed from his neighbour was an obnoxious smirk, or a sneer when the two argued. But, that laugh just then, good God it was stunning.

As the day ended, Jimin realised he had neglected to move on from watching Jungkook. Discovering the man's smile was as astonishing as anything else the world fair had to offer.

Back on the carriage, homebound, the four chatted for a while, but as time went on, the quartet became quiet, exhaustion of the long day catching up with each of them. Jimin stared though the window at the disappearing daylight and felt something hit his shoulder. He turned to find Jungkook's head resting against him. The man had fallen asleep. He looked across to Hope who giggled.

"My brother does manage to fall asleep easily. You can push him away if it's uncomfortable" she advised, but Jimin shook his head. He would not admit it, but he liked being that close to Jungkook, he could feel the warmth coming from his body and light breath tickle against his neck.

Jimin leaned back but before he had chance to nod off himself. Hope handed him a small parcel.

"Jungkook asked me to give you this as a thank you for the introduction him to Mr Riley" Hope said, referring to the man with the machine.

Jimin unwrapped the paper to reveal the knotted tassel he had been admiring earlier in the day.

"They have these in Joseon, you know. Our mother gave us one before she died. They are pretty aren't they." Hope added watching Jimin run his fingers over the soft threads.

"Our mother said they are given as a token of love. She was a romantic like that" she added and Jimin felt a little heat fill his face at that thought.

"But I suspect they are actually just decorative" Hope finished, yawning, finding it too much for herself to stay awake any longer.

Jimin admired the tassel a little more, wondering just how Jungkook had known he had wanted one. Then, looking up, he saw that June had followed the Jeon's to the land of dreams.

Taking advantage of the moment, he gazed around at the man resting on his shoulder, who was slowly turning his world upside down. Although they bickered endlessly, it suddenly dawned on him that seeing his neighbour's face had become very best part of his day.

With that thought, Jimin closed his own eyes, pictured Jungkook's beautiful laugh and joined the rest of the carriage in sleep, for the journey home.