Chapter ten: pseudo conflict

❀~~~~❀~~~~❀~~~~❀

Jungkook was sitting nervously in the art class that next day, which was Friday. Taehyung hadn't been to school all day, at least not in Jungkook's eye reach. He had music class earlier, but Taehyung wasn't there. Jungkook had told Jimin he had apologised and given him the paintings Jimin suggested him, but Taehyung gave no signs that he had forgiven the younger. That made Jungkook more depressed. He knew he was gone because of him. Because he had screwed up. Jungkook felt like crying again, but he held it in.

"You're good. You have the talent," commented a sudden voice that surprised Jungkook as he felt a slight touch on his shoulder and heard someone sat beside him. Jungkook was quick to rise up his head and glance at the person beside him.

"Y-You looked at them?" he stuttered. He was indescribably happy.

"Of course. I had to confirm you hadn't painted anything by imagination as well," Taehyung joked, surprising Jungkook and making him blush.

"Does that mean you forgive me?" The pretty boy nodded with a smile, and all Jungkook wanted to do was to hug him tightly. Taehyung had forgiven him, and given him a second chance. Jungkook was sure to not blow that possibly last chance he was given.

Jungkook was scared of asking Taehyung to help him with his piano skills to the song they had to practice on, but he had agreed. He suggested going to his house because he had a piano at home.

"Give me your song, and I'll play it firstly for you, and then teach you," he said as he took the note paper out of Jungkook's grip. He just stood silently beside to listen to the beautiful melody, but he was staring at the most beautiful thing he could think of.

"You know, you haven't told me yet," Jungkook said as Taehyung was playing. He didn't stop playing, but Jungkook was sure he was listening, "you said yesterday I was like everyone else and listened to a friend as I believed their words without listening the other side of the story." Taehyung suddenly stopped, but he avoided Jungkook's gaze.

"You caught that, huh?" Jungkook nudged him gently on the side and sat beside the older male on the piano chair that was exactly big enough for both of them.

"Can you please tell me your side of the story?" Jungkook asked as he grabbed Taehyung's hands softly and waited patiently for the boy to speak. Jungkook could clearly see that Taehyung was hurt, and it was hard for him to think back about his past, but Jungkook didn't want any misunderstandings to stand between them, and BTS.

"Hoseok and the others thinks that I cheated on him. It's pretty understandable, since they didn't even give me a chance to explain myself, and only listened to what a classmate 'saw', and not 'knowing'". Jungkook waited for the boy to remember everything and ready to explain. "I didn't cheat on him. I loved him. I could never think of way to hurt him on purpose. It wasn't my fault for what happened, or maybe it was, but it definitely wasn't on purpose. Some elder guy approached me, saying he liked me and wanted to have me. I was, of course, refusing and said I had a boyfriend. He didn't stop and went all over me. He kissed me, even though I struggled to push him off. He was strong and very well build, so of course I'd lose to that. Some guy in our class misunderstood, telling Hoseok that I kissed the guy, and Hoseok refused to listen to me." He went silent, and Jungkook could see a teardrop on his cheek, and he softly wiped it away with his thumb. "That's all there is to it. Just so you know I'm not a person who'd cheat and...stuff." 

"You should tell them. At least Hoseok. Tell them instead of hiding and let the hate continue," Jungkook tried to encourage him, but he just shook his head.

"I tried on the start after he broke up with me, but he refused to talk to me at all." 

"He can be understanding if you talk to him alone and calmly. Just don't tell him that he was wrong or it was his fault." Taehyung giggled at how true it was.

"I know. We were pretty close. He just refuses to talk to me no matter what now. Even if he'd just hear my name, his face would turn red in anger. It's impossible." Jungkook squeezed his hand softly and rested his head on Taehyung's shoulder. At first he was surprised, but Jungkook wanted to be like that. He wanted Taehyung to open to him, which he was already doing. He wouldn't be telling Jungkook anything if he didn't feel comfortable around him, and trusted him. Taehyung felt crazy for trusting him again, but no one had made him feel like Jungkook does to him in a long time. He wanted to give him another chance, and trust him again.

After they were trying to get the past off of their minds, they continued to practice on their song.

"I'm glad I didn't get this song. It'd only remind me of Hoseok," Taehyung admitted as Jungkook tried to play the melody whilst silently singing to himself, "you're playing it wrongly. See, this is how you play the chorus." 

"I'm glad I got this song," Jungkook admitted, but Taehyung didn't catch onto what he meant.

"You were familiar with it?" he asked cluelessly whilst he was playing it correctly for Jungkook to memorise and play after him. He sat down again to play it as the elder boy judged his skills.

"No, I hadn't heard it before I got it. I find it fitting for me." 

"You have someone you like?" Jungkook found it cute that he was so clueless. He silently giggled to himself, and he stopped playing. He looked up at Taehyung who was surprised that he suddenly stopped, and stared down at the boy.

"I guess I didn't tell you why I wanted to paint you, even though I thought you had realised it yourself," he said as he smiled again, "yes, I do have someone I like. You know who?" Taehyung thought for a moment, and then it was obvious he had realised when his eyes suddenly widen and he was staring at the boy who just confessed right in front of him.

"W-What? Is that why you painted me?" he stuttered surprised and Jungkook giggled again.

"At first it was because I found you beautiful. Like I've said before, I only enjoy drawing beautiful things, and I couldn't help myself when I saw you. The more I could talk to you, the more I started to grow fond of you. I didn't realise it until recently myself that I had already fallen in love." Taehyung was speechless. He was uncomfortable. That was the last thing Jungkook wanted, but there was no turning back after confessing. He wanted Taehyung to accept his feelings, but was he going to?