Chapter 3

Mya's P.O.V.

After another night in a dump of a motel, it was finally morning. I stretched my arms a little bit before I looked beside me and saw that dad was still sleeping, so was uncle Sammy. I hopped out of bed and made my way towards the bathroom and went pee. When I was done I made my way back to the bed, I climbed up and started jumping up and down to wake dad up "come on daddy! Wake up!" I giggled as he pulled me down and started tickling my sides. "Can we go get some breakfast?" I asked him after he finished tickling me "of course, what do you want for to eat?" He questioned as he got up from the bed and picked me out some new clothes for the day "French toast!" I shouted, making him chuckle "ok, ok. There's no need to shout, you might wake up your uncle Sammy" he told me as he came over to me and handed me my clothes to get changed into.

Once I was dressed we made our way over to the diner across the street, "welcome in you two, sit anywhere you'd like" said a older lady who was carrying some plates to another table "come on kiddo" dad said as he put this hand on my back and lead me towards a table. Once we sat down at a table a young blonde waitress came to our table and started flirting with dad, I coughed a little bit to try and get dad's attention, which thankfully worked. "What do you want for breakfast?" He asked "French toast!" I said excitedly, causing dad to smile a little bit "ok, and what do you you want to drink princess?" Dad asked "chocolate milk, please" I told him, he nodded his head before looking back at the waitress and told her what I wanted and what he wanted. "So how was your sleep last night?" Dad asked once the waitress left "it was ok, how was yours?" I asked him "thats good, and mine was ok as well" he smiled lightly.

Once we were done breakfast dad started looking at the local news paper and started circling somethings, I'm guessing for another case, while I was busy colouring a picture in my colouring book. "Need anything else?" The blonde waitress asked as she came over to our table, causing dad to smirk "just the check please" Uncle Sammy said with no emotion "ok" the waitress awkwardly said before walking away. "You know, Sam, we are allowed to have fun every once in a while" dad told uncle Sammy "that's fun" dad added as he pointed to the waitress who was walking away. I rolled my eyes before I went back to colouring the picture that was in front of me. Uncle Sammy didn't say anything, causing dad to sigh "here, look at this. I think I got one" dad placed the news paper in front of uncle Sammy "Lake Manitoc, Wisconsin. Last week, Sophie Carlton, 18. Walks into the lake, doesn't walk out. Authorities dragged the water. Nothing. Sophie Carlton it the third Lake Manitoc drowning this year. None of the bodies were found. Had a funeral two days ago" dad explained to uncle Sammy "funeral?" Uncle Sammy questioned "its weird. They buried an empty coffin. For closure or whatever" dad said "closure? What closure?" Uncle Sammy asked "people don't just disappear, Dean. Other people just stop looking for them" uncle Sammy stated. I looked up from my picture to grab my drink and saw that dad gave uncle Sammy a weird look "is there something you want to say to me Sam?" Dad asked "the trail for dad, it's getting colder every day" uncle Sammy told him "exactly. So, what are we supposed to do?" Dad asked him "I don't know. Something, anything" uncle Sammy said. "You know what, I'm sick of this attitude. I wanna find dad just as much as you do" dad started a little rant "yeah, I know you do" uncle Sammy said, trying to defend himself "I've been with him every day for the past two years while you've been off to college and going to prep rallies. We will find dad. But until then, we're going to kill everything bad between here and there. Ok?" Dad finished his little rant. Uncle Sammy didn't say anything, he just rolled his eyes. Just then the waitress walked by our table again, causing dad's eyes to follow her "thats creepy dad" I told him is I put my chocolate milk back down on the table. Uncle Sammy chuckled as it was dad's turn to roll his eyes "all right, Lake Manitoc, how far?" Uncle Sammy asked him "not far, about a 2 1/2 hour drive" dad told him as he took out his wallet and placed some money on the table for our breakfast. We left the diner and got into the car and made our way towards Lake Manitoc.