XXXI. The Uncertain Future

Start from the beginning

"Yeah. It's Luke's birthday and we are to celebrate it in a highland mountain resort just outside town. I'm planning to take you with me of course. We can go right?" He looked at me eagerly wiping the stains at the side of my mouth with his thumb. He's inviting me out to go with his friends and I'm a little ecstatic with the idea. I love the tropical mountains as much as I love the sea. Sapporo was too cold and I have always dreamed of the weather in the southeast pacific. I haven't done any trips since I came here in Thailand and I have always longed for one.

"We are going today?" I asked him failing to hide my excitement as P Vee's eyes lit up in amusement with the face I'm making.

"Yes. I have pack our bags already. I'm just observing your condition trying to decide if you'll be fit enough to go. You know I kinda overdid it last night and I'm thinking you might feel a little sore down there."

"No! No I'm fine P. Not sore at all." I showed him my eagerness as I stood up from the sofa to his bewilderment. I jump and and down in place to make him see I'm not aching. I was trying hard to control my facial expression because truth is, it's really sore down there. But I can take some painkillers for that. I really wanted to go and this insignificant pain can't stop me.

"Ok. Ok. I believe you already. We'll go. But you have to finish your food first." He chuckled pulling me back to sit beside him.

We drove out at about 11 o'clock in the morning and meet his friends on a gasoline station near the city's boundary. He let me buy some stuffs from 7/11 and I secretly sneak in some painkillers from the nearby drugstore.

His friends teased when they see the both us together again and were not able to stop themselves from commenting how we do this all the time.

"If Nong Masa is a woman, then he'll be pregnant again with your 3rd child already." P Nin was grinning at us leaning on her car as we all wait for P Phailin to arrive before we convoy towards our destination.

"Why is that Nin?" P Rune asked confused.

"Well what does married couples usually do when they make up after fighting? The more fight they have, the more children they bore." I feel my face heating up when P Nin winked at me.

"Shut up Nin! You and your rotten fujoshi mind!" P Vee snapped at her as the others snickered awkwardly.

"Aw! I'm just stating facts Vee. We have a neighbor like that. We can always hear them fighting yet they already have 6 children. The two of them were only in their 20's! Damn." P Nin stated shaking her head.

"Well my wife and I aren't like that. It's not as if we're fighting all the time. It's just some misunderstanding." P Vee told everyone smugly as he put his arms around my shoulders pulling me closer to him. I wanted to hit him hard on his stomach from putting me in such an embarrassing position.

"Confident as usual ai Vee!"

"So Nong Masa is really the wife? Ugh."

"Pay me up birthday boy! You loose." P Kit was opening his palm on P Rune's face, grinning all evilly and trying to make him pay for something.

"Rune was so stupid to think Vee's the wife. Ugh. I can't even imagine it." P Nin shuddered looking at P Vee in disgust.

"Oi! What's that?" P Vee asked his friends as P Rune handed a few bucks to P Kit who brandished it proudly in front of P Nin's face. P Nin stared at me and looking like she's having a battle inside her whether to tell us what's happening.

"Well don't be mad at us nong Masa. I mean it's only between Rune and Kit. See Rune here have the craziest idea that our stupid friend Vee is a wife in the relationship between the two of you. So Kit here made him a bet. Errr... That's all." These outrageous seniors!