33

The rest of the car ride was silent other than the short lived whispers and the groaning Jaemin who was getting his wound wrapped up

"soehyun you will have to stay with us for-"

"why?"
her voice didn't have any kind of emotion attached to it. yet some may misunderstand it as angry or annoyed. just by how she said it so suddenly, cutting haechan off.

"because you are still in danger and you are hurt.."

"I'm a doctor I can take care of myself."

she said, fiddling with the gun in her hands. it wasn't that he didn't trust her with the gun, but Jaemin felt nervous being next to her. the gun pointed at her as her finger traced along the grip. Seohyun caught his eyes staring at the gun in her hand. watching as she traced her finger closer towards the trigger.

He suddenly reached his hand out and grabbed the gun from her, passing it to renjun who just sat it on his lap.

"I'm wasn't going to shoot you Jaemin"
she muttered bitterly, drawing her attention back outside the window.

"I know, you love me-"
he was cut off by her scoff as she turned her head towards the boy who's eyes were widened and his lips apart as if he was speechless.

"na jaemin, don't act so shocked. as if I would love you when you are in whatever this is, a fucking mafia? I love na jaemin who worked in the hospital with innocence written all over him. the boy who wanted to help people not take their lives for pure joy."
she spoke with a monotone voice, nothing but a steady voice that used to resemble calmness running through her words. the only way you could figure out what emotion she was feeling was through her swear words she spat out as if they were nothing.

"we don't do it for the joy of it."
Renjun said as he looked up at her, eyes piecing into her's as he felt offended in an odd way. it wasn't like they wanted this live. They just happened to be involved with it because of family.

"yeah.. soehyun we only target those who are bad people and committed horrible crimes."
Jaemin said, his head leaning against the seat as he titled his head towards her. he hated seeing her like this. it would be easier if she had some sort of emotion on her face. she didn't seem like the innocent, dumb seohyun anymore. she seemed like she was a whole new person just because of her lack of emotions.

"well you aren't the police-"

"the only crime in this town is done by mafia groups attacking mafia groups. you ever notice that? that's because we are here. we may not seem like it but we aren't going to just kill innocent people for our entertainment."
Jaemin stated as her sat up straight looking down at her figure. She only looked up to him, staring into his eyes as he stared into her's.

"I still don't want to see you."
she mumbled under her breath as she turned her head to look outside. seeing the city approaching in the near distance. Jaemin flopped back into his seat and stared at the roof of the car. haechan who sat behind Jaemin reached forward and ruffled his hair. Jaemin didn't move away from it, his closed his eyes and tried to relax himself completely.

Haechan continued gently running his fingers through his younger friends hair, relaxing him as the three boys at the back spoke to each other. Haechan knew without needing to hear the words, that Jaemin was hurt emotionally.

she was brought into this mafia world because of him and now he feels nothing but guilt and anger. Haechan leaned his chin on the seat in front of him, his breathing tickling the top of Jaemin's head making the boy sit up straight and look back.

Haechan smiled softly and pulled him closer to whisper into his ears. Jaemin willingly leaned in and pressed himself against the seat feeling tired.
"it's not your fault nana"

the nickname being said by haechan brought the slightest bit of comfort to him, unlike with sungho earlier. Jaemin smiled and nodded his head slowly.

Haechan sat back in his seat correctly and continued talking with chenle and Jisung. Renjun and Jaemin kept talking, but that was only because renjun need Jaemin to stay awake and not sleep.

the car suddenly stopped and mark parked over at a car park. The boys all stare at the front of the car to mark.

"we can't show her?"
mark said, while everyone suddenly remembered that and didn't know what to do. Seohyun on the other hand knew what they meant and looked at Jaemin who was looking at her. She moved his shoulder forward a bit and put her face behind him, closing her eyes. she couldn't see anything even if she opened them since renjun covered her view of the window.

"Jaemin hold her, make sure she doesn't look.. sorry Seohyun.."
Seohyun didn't speak, instead she just relaxed in the odd position. Jaemin rested his elbow on her shoulder, not pressing down or anything. They there to make sure she didn't push herself up.

the car started again and the rest of the ride was uncomfortable for her but it came to an end when the car stopped.

Jaemin removed his elbow of her shoulder and looked back at her, softly speaking to her.
"you can look up now.."

Soehyun sat up and looked around. It was a car park, expect there were spiral stairs over to the side going up. The light from behind soon disappeared, as the passage way to this place shut.

they opened the doors and seohyun got out quickly, almost instantly regretting it as her legs give in and she falls to the ground.

Jeno who just got out looked at her shocked and tried to help her up but she shock his arm of her. He stood back and watched her grab onto the car and stand herself up.

jeno looked at her legs, seeing blood and red blistering burns in lines across her legs. Mostly on her thighs and lower ankles.

"I tried to escape from the ropes."
she said, looking back at jeno noticing he was looking at her injuries on her legs. he only nodded before leading her away to the back of the car where the dream team were gathered.

Haechan and renjun helped Jaemin out of the car as he kept saying he wasn't feeling okay. He stood up and immediately gripped onto renjun's shoulder for support.

"we need to get him inside now"
Renjun said, his voice had a hint of panic laced through it as he could only look at haechan practically begging for haechan to help him take Jaemin; and without hesitation, haechan obviously helped him.

renjun and haechan hurriedly made their way to the stairs with Jaemin. Just before they got to the stairs Jaemin pointed towards a door behind the stairs.
ah yes, the elevator.

they rushed past the stairs and into the elevator. the dreamies plus seohyun followed in. They stayed there for a few moments, waiting for the doors to shut, and once they did an uncomfortable silence entered.

"renjun... I feel weak.. everything is going-"
Suddenly Jaemin fell unresponsive and his body falls down.

 everything is going-"Suddenly Jaemin fell unresponsive and his body falls down