2.2 no dates (special michael bonus chapter)

Start from the beginning

With trembling hands, he swiped over his display. Mentally preparing himself to throw this piece of shit away, when his lips formed a wide smile instead.

Mikeys C (9:56 pm): I really believe we should hang out
Mikeys C (10:00 pm): still believe we should
Mikeys C (10:01 pm): if you want ofc
Mikeys C (9:53 am): ok so just pretend I didn't embarrass myself last night with all those texts

Nay (4:34 pm): it's alright and we can I guess
Nay (4:35 pm): *hang out

This girl confused him, straight from the beginning. He could never exactly tell if she actually liked him or if she was just talking to him out of boredom -and because she still didn't know who he actually was.

The loud honking of the car outside made him jump up then. Sliding the device quite satisfied back into his pocket. Quickly, he put on his shoes and ran a last time his fingers through his blond hair before running out of the house.
It was spring there, sunrays beginning to feel warm on his skin as he jogged towards the black car. He opened the back door, taking a seat at the backseats. Feeling like a little boy again and not a grown-up man with millions of fans and an actual driving licence.
Michael's phone vibrated once more as he was buckling up his seatbelt. His dad starting the engine.
An amused, but also confused look making its way on his face as he read the new text, which wasn't from the Brazilian girl.

Cal (4:40 pm): cats or dogs?
Tally (4:40 pm): cats ofc
Cal (4:41 pm): IM ASKING MIKE THO

Chuckling under his breath, he typed in a quick reply to this really important seeming question. Laying the device back down then to focus on the real problem he had to face in a few minutes. A deep breath leaving his parted lips.
How the hell would he survive the upcoming hours?

»»»

6th October

Michael was nervously standing across from his favourite bar in Melbourne. Looking around hastily every few seconds. It'd been raining only a couple minutes ago, the air touching his skin still humid and cold as he stood at the entrance of a building. Protecting himself from the heavy raindrops that had been crashing on the ground, wetting everything.
"Okay, calm down," he quietly demanded himself as he felt his chest nearly exploding. A feeling of sickness overcoming his guts.
He turned around, checking for the probably tenth time if his snapback was still fitting in his reflection in the glass door behind him. Sighing at his tired appearance, he took out his phone to check if he had any messages at least or any other goddamn hint where she was.
It was already 6:02 pm. 2 minutes had past and she still hadn't arrived yet.

He scoffed and put the phone back into his denim jacket."This is ridiculous."
He knew he could still write and cancel the date -if this was an actual date, which it wasn't of course.
It was just two online friends meeting each other. Nothing more. It was a no date.
Furthermore, he couldn't just cancel it at the last minute. It'd be too cowardly towards a girl like her. "Shit."
He put his hands behind his neck and looked up at the cloudy sky. It would start raining again soon. He could feel it in the air. In the cold and damp air of Melbourne.
6:05 pm.
Maybe he shouldn't have been there ten minutes too early. It might be spring there, but that day's weather was shitty and his fingers started feeling numb.