Thirty-Six: Potter Problems

November 1997

    Daily Prophet, November 5th 1997

    Adding an Heir

On November 3rd, Gianna and Theodore Nott Jr welcomed another bundle of magical joy into the world. Juliet Lyra Nott was named based on Gianna's Black ancestry and matches their son's Regulus' name perfectly. Juliet being the name of Uranus' moon and Lyra being a constellation in the northern hemisphere I believe the names match quite well. We got an up-close look at the growing family and Theodore looked over the moon with his wife and new daughter. Regulus and Gianna also seemed quite content with the new addition. We will have to catch up with them soon to see what the future holds for them.
    December 1998

    Gia still hated visiting Grimmauld Place. It was as if the walls only caved in on her. James seemed to have grown out of hating the old house and it never seemed to phase Alice. The boys of course we're too young to understand the tension that hung over Gia like mistletoe did teenagers.

She was just dropping off their presents. This Christmas wasn't complete without Harry, Hermoine, and Ron. She couldn't stomach an evening at the Weasleys and the thought of even stepping foot in Malfoy Manor with her children infuriated her.

Besides, she and James always argued on the holidays. No point in putting her children through that. Truly, she just wanted one day that she didn't want to fight with her brother. Let Alice and him have their little family affair and let Gia spend her Christmas snogging her husband.

"Gianna?" A voice she had grown to know called to her. "May I speak with you." Regulus' portrait said.

She slowly made her way into the library. She had made an effort not to move the television that Sirius had put in there but she never turned it on. Just never had the heart to move it either. "Yes, uncle." She said plainly.

"Harry Potter came to see me. We spoke," He clipped. He tried to look into her silver eyes that were identical to hers. Whenever she saw him she couldn't help but see Sirius. It pained her. "He will destroy him, niece."

"How do you know? You are just an image of yourself when you were 17. You don't-"

He laughed. A laugh she knew all too well. Draco had that laugh. Narcissa and Bellatrix had that laugh. She had that laugh. "Gia, I became a Death Eater at 16 off of sure talent and knowledge. Much like your Theodore. Trust me, Harry Potter will do what is asked of him."

She walked away. Not in the mood to argue with a two-dimensional picture that reminded her too much of herself. Of someone who manipulated and spoke the way she did. "James! I put your bloody presents under the tree. Organized by person. I love you. I'm leaving!" She shouted up the stairs.

She stepped into the floo and green flames erupted around her. She was home.

***

Christmas 1997

"Happy Christmas, my love," Theo said. He stretched his arms and kissed his wife on his head. The crying infant in the bassinet had just woken both of them and there was no going back to sleep now.

A small redhead stirred awake between them. He hugged his mothers arm tightly. His red pajamas clung to her skin when she tried to pull away. "So much to a peaceful morning. I feel so bloody sick. Maybe we should have-"

"I have an idea," Theo said. A smile grew on his lips whenever he had a plan he was sure would work. "Reg, up and at em buddy. Tell Leppy to get started on breakfast."

The toddler growled at his father. He was not a morning person. A trait he had inherited from either Sirius or Fred. Either one was a nightmare to wake up in the morning. "Fine, but I want presents."