■ Chores Before Hoes ■

Start from the beginning

You leaned against the wall while Luz squealed in excitement. A small smile forms on your face before it quickly falls when your migraine returns, just as painful as last time.

You let out a hiss, causing Luz to look over at you in concern.

But before she could ask, she heard footsteps nearing them and they both looked up to see Eda's shadow coming out of her room. She comes out in her pajamas, still sleepy and yawns.

"Good morning, Eda the Owl Lady. I am ready for my first day of Witch Apprenticeship." Luz spoke. Your migraine subsides and you tiredly rub your forehead.

"Ugh... Who are you again?" Eda asks as she fixes her hair. Spiders came falling down as she looked at them.

Luz's eyes widen in shock and you let out a sigh.

■ ●● ●● ■

"Remember me? Luz and [Y/n]?" She asks as they follow Eda into the kitchen.

A whoosh from behind you makes you instinctively duck Luz's head in response. A mug flew past her head and went towards Eda.

It then flew into Eda's hand as she ruffled around the fridge. Luz pats your arm, watching Eda as she fills her mug with some red beverage.

"We started a prison riot and almost blew up the warden together? Yesterday?" You say, slumping against the table.

King was sitting in a high - chair, trying to eat a yellow blob with some eyeballs in it. You looked at it in curiosity while Luz walked up to Eda

"Kids, lay off the details. I haven't even had my cup of apple blood yet." Eda said, holding up a mug that says 30 and Flirty. 

"You mean... apple juice?" Luz asks. 

"No." Eda deadpans. She then sits on the table and drinks from her mug while King stabs his food with a fork.

"Teach us some spells." Luz said, glancing at you.

"When do I get a magic staff? Was I supposed to bring my own runes?" She gasps. Her eyes begin to sparkle as she grabs onto Eda's arm.

"Do you have a dangerous magical quest for us?"

"Whoa there, Noceda. These things take time." Your eyes widened in shock at this and you gently pulled her away from Eda.

"Slow down, kid." Eda says, looking at her.
She then nods at you. "Your friend is right, you know? Being a witch doesn't happen overnight."

"Also..." She gestures to her clothing. "You're wrapped in a bathrobe and wearing the dirtiest traffic cone I've ever seen."

Tilting your head, you grab her hat off her head and blow on it to reveal it was in fact a traffic cone.

Luz stares at it while King laughs at her. Eda takes a sip of her apple blood and turns to her with a quirked eyebrow.

"But a magic staff, huh? You really want one?" She asks, slightly smirking.

"More than anything." Luz murmurs, her eyes twinkling as an amused smile forms on your face.

Eda wipes her mouth with her sleeve and lifts up her other arm towards the hallway. "Magic staff, come to me."