Chapter 19

Warning: this chapter contains smut! make sure y'all have your holy water ;)

________

Elisa hums to herself as she works dutifully on her latest piece. It's a pet portrait, which she doesn't get many commissions for but she loves doing them. And Butter is stuck in her head, per usual.

She dabs at the dark brown eyes of the black french bulldog, immersed in her own little world. That's when a knock at the door scares the crap out of her.

"Jesus christ.." She mumbles, putting a hand to her heart. "Who is it?"

"Your handsome soulmate and his dog!" A voice calls back.

Elisa rolls her eyes when she instantly recognizes it. She puts her brush down, wiping her hands on her smock before getting up to open the door.

"Oh my goodness, hello!" She coos, instantly dropping to her knees when she sees the tiny dog at her feet. Taehyung lets go of his leash so that Elisa can pick him up and she cradles Yeontan in her arms, kissing his fur. He licks her cheek in return, making her giggle.

"Oh, so Tannie gets all the kisses?" Taehyung scoffs, coming inside and closing the door behind him. "I see how it is."

"Don't tell me you're jealous of your own dog." She chuckles.

Taehyung pouts. "Maybe a little.."

"Aww, baby I'm sorry." Elisa puts down the pomeranian, stepping closer to her soulmate. Then she grabs his cheek, pecking his lips. "Happy now?"

"Mm, not yet." It was intended to be a quick kiss but Taehyung pulls her closer by her waist. "I missed you."

He kisses her again and Elisa smiles at the warm, tingly feeling that flows through her. "You just saw me yesterday." She reminds him softly, pulling away to look up at him.

"Okay, so?" He raises an eyebrow, making Elisa roll her eyes.

They just came back from Daegu yesterday and he's acting like they haven't seen each other in weeks.

"You're so dramatic." She pulls away from him, untying the smock around her waist.

Taehyung steps further into the apartment, the unfinished oil painting catching his eye. "What are you working on?"

"Dog portrait." She answers, folding up the material and putting it next to her other art supplies. "I can make one for Yeontan, if you want."

Taehyung's eyes light up. "You would do that for me?"

Elisa nods, a smile forming on her lips when she sees how excited he is. "Yeah, of course."

"You're the best." He beams, plopping down on the couch. The dog hops up as well, settling in his lap. "Did you eat dinner yet?" He asks as she cleans up her workspace. Elisa collects all her brushes and her paints, washing everything in the kitchen sink.