Chapter 9

As soon as they arrive at the HYBE building, everyone files out the car

As soon as they arrive at the HYBE building, everyone files out the car. Elisa feels relief flow through her when Taehyung lets go of her waist and she can hop out of the vehicle.

She's instantly stunned at the view of the beautiful glass building. It's tall and completely made of glass, the panels reflecting the bright sunshine. And at the very top, the letters HYBE sparkle brightly for everyone to see.

"C'mon." Jimin nudges her softly. Elisa lowers her head, realizing that everyone else is already heading inside.

She nods, following the man into the incredible building.

They quickly catch up with the rest of the group, following them into the elevator. The ride is fairly quiet as they head up to the second floor.

When they arrive, they step out and continue down the hallway. Elisa has no idea where she's going so she just blindly follows everyone else.

At first she's shocked to see other idols in the hallway, but then she remembers just how many groups are under this company now. Still, it feels a little strange to see them in the flesh.

The boys nod and bow politely towards them as they walk past and they do the same.

It's not long before they reach a large open room with shiny wood floors.

There's already two people waiting on benches set up in the corner. Of course, one is Heejin while the other is a man Elisa fails to recognize.

Everyone greets each other politely before getting right to business. As the boys head towards the middle of the floor, Heejin calls Taehyung over.

Elisa can't tell what they're saying but she assumes she's telling him to take it easy today or something similar. The man simply nods, joining the rest of the group.

Then Heejin puts on a smile, beckoning Elisa over. She approaches the older woman, sitting next to her.

"So how are you two getting along?" She asks, nudging Elisa's shoulder.

"Not very well, as I'm sure you can tell." Elisa sighs, glancing up as she hears the unfamiliar man's voice ringing throughout the empty room. He must be the choreographer.

"Don't worry dear, it takes time." Heejin reassures her. "Everyone's a little awkward at first."

"He doesn't even talk to me." Elisa grumbles, a pout on her lips. She hadn't even realized how much this annoyed her until now.

He seems to get along with everyone else in the house except for her. Even when they're sitting right next to each other, they can't even have a simple conversation.

Did she do something wrong?

Was she not good enough for him?

Elisa hates that she let these insecure thoughts enter her mind. But she can't help it.