Chapter 21: Knocking On Heaven's Door (1)

Start from the beginning

   "Roy please let him go...he doesn't deserve the trouble you're going to get in because of him!"

  Roy thinks about what she's is saying and throws her father away and then stands in front of Hayley, letting the older man know he is going to have her back no matter what which causes the beaten to depart fast. Then he turns to Hayley and hugs her. "It's okay...I'm here..." he whispers to her as she is in shock.

  James residence.
Meanwhile...

   Anastasia stops by Cameron's house and after a small disappearance, the young boy finally opens the door to her and welcomes her in. "You really don't know when to stop bothering someone ,do you?" Cameron teases her and slightly smiles while she answers back, "You know me...I persist when I want to succeed in something!"

  She looks around the house and notices how messy everything seems and says loudly...

  "Don't you guys clean in here?" and then looks over at Cameron with a judgy look in her eyes. The young boy exhales and simply nods negatively which causes her to hand him a swifter and he smiles awkwardly. "You can't be serious right now...are you?" he asks her and she winks at him.

  "I'm always serious you dumb man who forgot to inform his friends that he is alive...Now let's clean!" She sounds very bossy and Cameron wastes no time I'm starting to clean the house alongside her.

  Olivia's apartment.
One hour later...

    Olivia and Spencer arrive at her place and the young mexican is surprised by how many boxes are already closed and how close she's to moving away for good. "I mean, it's your life but do George and Julian know how soon you are leaving?" Spencer gives her the third degree and she lays on her sofa before she says, "I don't know how am I supposed to say goodbye to my best friend and my I don't even know what he is...I suck at saying goodbyes..."

  Spencer leaves his backpack on the floor and sits on the sofa, next to her as he explains to her how important a goodbye can be...

   "Give them that and how they are going to react is up to them...but I'm happy to see that you're no longer obsessing over Ramon's death." Spencer points out and Olivia rolls her eyes.

    "Truth is, I head the best distraction..." she adds.

    "Was he just a distraction though?" Spencer asks her and heads to the kitchen to make them both a cup of coffee as a thank you for helping him with his stuff.

   Bluelife.
Late afternoon...

   George is cleaning up the place while Julian is eating his burger. The two of them have been slowly recovering as friends but they can't escape the fact that the situation is really awkward between them. "How are you?" George asks his friend who seems lost in his thoughts. Julian looks outside and notices how dangerous the raining is getting. "Honestly, I don't know George...I feel like she wants me to actually let her go and I don't know where I stand on this!" Julian answers and George thinking about the whole situation says to his friend, "Maybe you should, I mean, I really don't know where to stand with all this...you're both my friends!"

   Julian looks really annoyed towards about the Olivia thing and wants to make the situation with everyone less complicated. However he knows that Olivia probably doesn't want him alongside her and George does need help with Bluelife so he doesn't know what to choose or if he even has a choice. Then a blackout happens and everything turns to complete dark...

   "I have to go to the back up generator...can you keep the store?" George asks and Juliam assures him that he is able to be in charge. George puts on his jacket and tries to fight against the rain when he falls know Spemcer who is returning to Olivia's apartment with some groceries. "When the two of them notice each other's faces, George tries to walk away but Spencer runs after him and they find shelter at Bluelife's basement. Both of them can't really believe that they are seeing each other after college and George slaps him.

  "Where were you?" The completely wet and mad young man asks.

  "That hurt!" Spencer responds and walks closer to George to talk to him.

  "You asshole...I have been doing the one mistake after another since I met you!" George says angrily.

Spencer and George come really close and the young latino asks him, "So have you missed me as much as I have missed you?" and they look at each other before Olivia finds them at basement ,very close to each other and thankfully George, saves them from another mistake.

   Orleston streets.
In the meantime...

   Hayley and Roy are in near her house since Roy wanted to drop her off, considering how hard it's pouring. They both get out of the car and run to the porch of the girl's house. "I can't believe you wanted to walk home with that weather...you're crazy!" Roy teases her as they come really close.

   "You know me...I'm not afraid of anything expect from my father..." Hayley says on a happier tone and they two almost kiss when a gunshot is heard and suddenly Roy starts bleeding from his nose. Hayley looks at his chest and she notices lots of blood. Then she turns to the streets and notices her father looking at her before he starts running away as Roy falls down...

   "NO...Roy! LOGAN, ERIN COME OUTSIDE PLEASE...SOMEONE HELP ME!" Hayley starts screaming and her brother and sister come outside to the porch and see the young man unconscious, bleeding really really fast as their sister is in shock.

   "CALL AN AMBULANCE NOW!" Hayley yells to Erin while Logan gets really upset and runs after their father. Hayley turns to Roy and tries to stop the bleeding but the rain doesn't help.

   Bluelife.
Thirty minutes later...

   George, Julian, Olivia and Spencer are sitting quietly in the store and simply look at each other awkwardly until the young woman asks from Julian to follow her to the kitchen to talk which he does...

   "Look Liv, I'm not here to judge you or keep you behind from the decision that you made and despite of what you think, I'm actually happy for you..." Julian says and Olivia kisses him out of the blue for a very quick second.

  "What was that for?" he whispers to her as he looks on her lips and she replies, "I just had to know something before I go..."

  "Do you know now?" he asks again.

  "Yes, but if you don't mind I'm not ready to share it just yet..." she says back and they stay at the kitchen a little longer. Meanwhile on the front George is looking at Spencer like he is really angry at him. "You know I don't understand why you are so mad at me...You had a choice and you choose him!" Spencer says to his former flame and comments on their past.

  "I didn't choose Sean, I...You what? Maybe I did the right choice back then!" George changes his answer and looks inside the kitchen where Olivia and Julian have come really close and he sighs.

   "Just because you are not happy, it doesn't mean that you are allowed to hold other people back too..." Spencer adds and before the other man can respond, Anastasia calls her brother and  informs him over what happened.

  Hospital.
Twenty minutes later...

   Everyone arrives at the hospital to see how Hayley is holding up while Roy is in surgery. George hugs Anastasia while Erin and Cameron are sitting next to Hayley. Logan is nowhere to be found and Noah just drove there Olivia and Julian and then once everyone has gathered, the doctor comes outside with Roy's parents and Hayley standing in the front as the man says hopelessly...

  "The surgery went fine however we are not certain when Mr Devante is going to wake up..."

   To be continued...