Chapter 10 : Feliz Navidad

Orleston Streets.
December 24th...

It's very early in the morning and Cameron is outside with his mother, buying the last things that they need for home before everything closes. "Great, now we have to go to Mrs Martin to takey order..." his mother says and then she starts coughing. It is already a pretty exhausting day for her causing Cameron's concern. He puts the things down and holds her, just to make sure she is okay. Then Hayley and her sister walk outside from a clothing store. The young girl waves at her friend and as she walks closer she notices that he seems very pale, like he is afraid or something...

"Good morning Mrs James, happy holidays!"

"Oh hello dear, I'm taking my stuff to the car and I will leave you and my son to catch up right away!" the mother says to his son's closest friend and walks towards their car. Then Cameron turns to Hayley and she gives him what she bought him for Christmas. "It's not anything that will blow your mind, but I think you will like it!" she says to him and smiles but he seems cold towards her. "Why did you lie to me about being with Roy? I know you and him are dating..." Cameron says to her and she feels so guilty for lying to him.

"I was going to tell you eventually...when I was going to be ready!" she explains and tries to hold his hand but he pulls away.

"You deserve someone better, he is an idiot who bangs every girl he sees and frankly I never thought you would fall so easily for his tricks!" Cameron responds without thinking and when he realizes what he said to her, he tries to apologize but Hayley stops him and points out something for him to remember, "If you are looking to tell a girl what she can and cannot do, go talk to your cheerleader, cause I'm not really having it right now Cameron!" and then she walks away with her sister.

Wilson's residence.
In the meantime...

Sean is sitting in front of the TV, reading his newspaper while George is preparing their meal and Olivia along with Anastasia talking to him about their love lives. The older girl explains that she and Noah may have been a mistake and that she feels like she betrayed Ramon, "I just don't know what made me sleep with him so easily...I'm going to hell!" she points out and frowns.

"Hello? I thought you were a feminist! Ramon is D-E-A-D, you can sleep with the whole town and still he won't care..." Anastasia responds to her and both Olivia and George give her a judgy look, although they do believe what she is saying is not wrong, just rude. "However, Wayne is a totally different problem cause he is alive, unfortunately and he has a new college girlfriend which makes me want to sleep with him even more!" Anastasia adds and George points out that he doesn't need to hear that from his little sister. He is not really in a holiday mood after Diana and Alex decided to spent the Christmas in California and of course Sean didn't help at all with the decorations of the house, it's always football, football, football...

"Olivia you should go and do Noah right now! As for you little sister, please focus on your studies, trust me, not all high school romances are as big of a deal as you believe until your early twenties!" George says to both of them and runs to check the cake he is making. Both Olivia and Anastasia are worried about him and Olivia tells the young girl to go buy some last minute groceries with her.

Orleston Square.
Few minutes later...

Hayley is sitting at a bench, thinking about her fight with Cameron when Roy surprises her and wraps her around his arms. "What's wrong with you? It's Christmas Eve baby!" he says to her and kisses her with much passion. The young girl smiles at him and then he takes out of his pocket her Christmas gift, "This is for you...look, I never had a girlfriend before and I-" Hayley interrupts him as she looks at the necklace he bought her and asks him to help her lock it around her neck. "Thank you Roy, it's beautiful..."