Chapter 11: Friendship Never Ends

One week later.
Orleston High.

   The kids are back to school and everything couldn't be more complicated for the teenagers of Orleston. With Hayley trying to balance her friendship with Cameron and her relationship with Roy, plus the fact that she looks for a job while Cameron is still adjusting to football life and of course the cheerleader no one can forget, Anastasia being torn between giving her ex another chance or finally moving on. That being said, life is not easier for the faculty members either with Olivia coming in terms with the fact that she is moving on while Sean is probably losing his husband once and for all. He is sitting at the bleachers outside despite the cold weather when Olivia finds him there.

  "Sean, are you okay?" she asks him, seemingly worried about him as she remembers what has happened. "I honestly don't know Olivia. I messed things up big time...I push and I push and I thing this time George has had enough..." the young man says, lost in his own thoughts. The woman holds his hand and gives him an advice since they have been friends for so long, "Sometimes when a certain person is really important to us we push, especially people like us who have lost so many...If you want to understand him, I suggest you start understanding yourself first..."

  "What if it's too late? Lately I care for things that shouldn't and forgot about the things that I should...Ugh you know what? I need a coffee, care to join?" Sean stands up and says to his friend who follows him inside.

  Meanwhile in the school's cafeteria, Hayley and Cameron grab their lunches and sit at their usual table, talking about their stuff when Roy joins his girlfriend with his food and Anastasia joins Cameron with her juice. The two best friend share a confused look when the cheerleader turns to Hayley, "Cheerleaders are dumb and I need a girl's opinion about something important..." and then she raises her eyebrow.

  "I knew I would be punished for breaking curfew somehow...hit me up, what's your question?" the other girl points out and responds to the cheerleader. "I was dating a guy for a little longer than a year...now he is back and wants to be with me again but honestly I don't know if we should..."  Anastasia explains the whole situation to Hayley and the other girl admits that sometimes first love is a little difficult to fade away and if unresolved feelings get in the way of making a choice that will impact her heart, maybe she should thing about it from a different perspective. While the two girls discuss this, Roy and Cameron couldn't feel more bored by the whole situation so Roy turns to his teammate and for once tries to start a conversation, "So did you watch the game last night?"

  "Nope, I was working, did you?" Cameron replies.

  "No, my parents came back from a business trip and unfortunately I missed it...We could watch it at your place or something, I could bring snacks." Roy tries to befriend the other boy and Cameron for Hayley's sake agrees to watch the game with him. "Just don't bring cheetos, my stomach can't handle them."

  Town's square.
In the meantime...

  George is finally looking at his coffee place, completely finished and ready to open. He looks at Julian and then back at the store. He feels some sense of accomplishment, like he finally did something for himself without worrying about what others might say. "Well? What do you think? You like it?" he asks his friend, who winks  at him, "Are you kidding me? This Bluelife is going to make the former one seem like a joke."

  The two of them smile at each other and Julian points out that a VIP room to do VIP things would make the place even better. "Ew no, Julian, I'm not turning my store into a whorehouse!" George replies and rolls his eyes, guessing that some things, like his best friend will never change. "Come on, give me some credit, I did change...I stop doing drugs, I reunited with my family, finished college and..." a dirty look covers Julian's face as he looks at the other boy. "No..." George says in a sarcastic and a bit serious tone and gives Julian a banana, "There you go, enjoy!" and then he walks inside.