"shore shore" she rolls her eyes. There goes my attempt at flirting. I follow her hands as she precisely starts with the wide end of the necktie on my left. Either I took a real long blink or she just tied my tie in less than 2 seconds. I stand, flabbergasted. 

"What in the witchcraft was that?! How the fuck did you do that so fast?!" 

"Experience" she smirks, obviously very smug about it. 

"You have to teach me" 

"I can clearly see the need" She mocks.

"Stop, im embarrassed enough, and we're gonna get late if we dont leave now" 

My interview is at 8:40 sharp and its already 7:32. I'm very lucky to be living in Blayton, a city half an hour away from Boston, less than an hour away from Harvard. I'm interviewing for Harvard today...where did all the time go... Realisation hits hard, but never hard enough for you to believe it, but I guess that's life. Time and Experience grows you without you even knowing. I'm about to take my first step to the path I have chosen for the rest of my life in an hour. Thats when the nerves start to kick in. I start shaking. I clench my hands to make the shaking less obvious.

"Are you okay?" Nancy asks concerned. 

"Yeah I'm good, I'm just really nervous."

"Aw its okay, it'll be over before you know and im sure you'll do wonderful and besides I can drive" She gives me a sympathetic look.

"Thank you for coming, you really didnt have to, so early in the morning." 

"What?! Of course not! I wouldnt miss it for the world." she looks at me like I just turned into an alien, grabs my hand and hugs me. I bury myself into her vanilla scented hair and inhale her cinnamon scented perfume. She smells divine, like an actual goddess. It takes everything in me to stop shaking while hugging her and to not pull back immediately. 

"Um..I need to use the washroom, I'll be back in a minute," 

"Yea sure. It is a long drive"

I splash my face with water a few times, careful not to wet my shirt. Then do what I came to do and slip the small packet into my pocket.I look myself in the mirror one last time, adjust my tie, precisely moving a strand of hair to the left. I put things I'd left back to its original place and open the door to have Nancy punch my chest.

"Oh my god, I was about to knock the door!" She explains, and I can't help but laugh at how guilty she is.

"Its okay, didnt hurt either way" I tease

"Talk about wrong timing mister." she rolls her eyes. She looks so cute when shes angry. We leave the room and head toward the hall where my parents and sister wait eagerly to see me.

"Oh my God, Jason you look amazing!" My mom cries out. Literally. She's been crying since yesterday. I wonder what she's going to do on my first day of university. She'll probably flood Harvard with her tears.

"Son, you have never looked better." My dad spreads his arms wide and pats my back. 

"Not that bad." Addy laughs. 

"I'm starting to get really late now, we better start now."

"Good luck baby." my mom sniffs and says. She gives me a tight hug. A very tight one.

"Do you best son, remember if one door closes another opens." He says like he's about to cry.

"I will dad and mom, now I need to go." I laugh trying to lighten the mood.