ii

How did I fall in love with Severus?

Well, if you are wondering, Remmy, I did not have an affair with my teacher back in school. Severus was my teacher, and I never expected myself to be in a relationship with him, not in a million years. But things happened, and actually falling in love with him was one of the best things that has ever happened to me.

I was happier with him.

But he is happier without me now.

So now I am going to tell you what you always wanted to know. The story of me; helplessly falling in love with a man who was too good for me until I am left heartbroken now, inconsolable. Or perhaps, I was too good for him— I am pretty sure you would agree with the latter.

The weather was nice. I was supposed to be joyful on my way to Hogwarts, considering it would be my final year before I leave school. Everyone else was enthusiastic. My friends could not stop talking about how they were going to make this year as their best— memorable— unforgettable one.

I wanted to laugh along with them, but I didn't, and now as I am reminiscing about that day, I started to regret not appreciating those wonderful times I had with my friends. However, I was not silent for nothing.

I was staring out of the window, in the Hogwarts Express, thinking of how broken my family was. Just a few hours before my father dropped me at the station, barely giving me a smile, let alone a warm hug before him disappearing again— I overheard his conversation with my mother.

My parents always said it was unkind to eavesdrop, reminding me that I was expected to behave as their good little girl. I always listened to them, thinking that it was highly improper but that morning, I could not help myself.

They were right, Remmy. I was not supposed to hear their conversation, no, their fight. It was heartbreaking, and I did not know what to do. I was young and I always listened to them. I was scared, but at that time, it was not just fear— It was more than fear.

"She is pregnant with your child!"

I frowned at my mother's voice, hiding behind the door and trying to be as quiet as I could so that they would not notice my presence. I clutched on my necklace, the one my parents gave to me on my fifth birthday, the last perfect birthday I had before everything went down the drains.

"Why does it matter to you?"

My father gritted his teeth, looking away from my mother who was furious.

"You are my husband!"

"You are my wife, and yet, you are screwing another man!"

My father yelled, and I instinctively curling my hands in fists, nerves were wrecking my soul. I hated it when they fight, but it was not just their loud voices that were scaring me, but the fact that my father was building a family with another woman out there when he had me at home.

"He is a better man that you could ever be."

My mother scoffed, crossing her arms against her chest. Her words seemed to ignite fire in his chest, and I watched as my father slapped her right on her face, leaving a mark on her skin. I almost gasped, but I put a hand on my mouth, silencing my voice before they could see me there.

"If he really is better than me, why are you still here? It has been years and you are still here."

His voice was dripping with anger. I shook my head when my mother pushed him stumbling on his steps before he regained his composure, glaring daggers at her.