The Panic - Page 1

The Panic - Page 1

              “Close all th-the win-d-dows, c-curtains –” stuttered Dr. Reichlich, stumbling over fallen items, “Lock everything! Let not a single p-person inside, no matter how sorry they may sound!”

                “Don’t you have any bloody security backup guns, or blades!?” Aaron vociferated, eyes nearly jumping out of his head.

WHERE IS JENNIFER!?,” Isaiah roared through the halls.

“ERR’YBODY! Shut up! Freaking out doesn’t solve anything –,” Stephen explained, “just keep your head straight and try to make a plan…”

HOW CAN I calm down, how do you expect me to?“ Isaiah still furious, “MY EFFING SISTER IS MISSING!” Except he didn’t say “eff”.

“Everybody stop yelling!” I cried, “First of all they might hear us, genius’! Second, Stephen is right; we need to make a plan, we need to get some sort of defense system, and we need to keep everyone out we can’t for sure trust.”

“I agree with Bruce…” Dr. Reichlich finally said – I agree with him too –“Yes, Aaron, I do have some defense item. But not much – A standard edition, silver revolver from my grandfather, Husk, when he was a Sheriff in Greeley, Texas. A bow I used to use for hunting with my papa, a few hunting knives, and a Sawed-off Combat Shotgun.”

“Can I use a knife, and the revolver?” Aaron questioned.

“Give me the darn shotgun, I’m going to find Aaliyah ” Isaiah demanded. But he didn’t say “dang”.

“Just wait, we will figure out who gets what in a seco- “

“Does ANYONE care about her, but me!?” Isaiah bellowed.

“ISAIAH! How could you say that? You know we all care very much about her, and we want to find her too!” Viola exclaimed, finally saying something.

“I was getting to that. Thank you, Isaiah, for cutting me off.” Dr. Reichlich said.

Isaiah gave the glare of death to Reich – clenching his fists, grinding his teeth, breathing loud with nostrils flaring.. Obviously trying not to blow up.

“I’m sorry, Isaiah.” Dr. Reichlich said, voice soft and steady.

Moment of silence.

BANG!

SLAM!

Bullets flying everywhere.

TO BE CONTINUED . . .