Surprise

Alec and I are the last to enter the throne room

"Welcome Safiya, I hope your stay in Volterra thus far has been pleasant," Aro's eyes are on Alec and not me.

I mumble a response. 

"May I?" Aro out stretches his hand. I know choice is just an illusion, I raise my hand to meet his. The room is quiet, I look around to see the guard relatively bored. I can feel a vision:

Aro, Marcus and Caius are still in the throne room. A piercing scream is heard in an adjacent hallway. And through Aro's eyes the scent of blood and venom is fresh. 

Renata, his guard, follows close behind Aro and the other leaders as they near the source of the screams. It is me. On the floor of the corridor with blood running down my upper arm. 

I gasp, pulling both myself and Aro out of the vision - as well as removing my hand from his. His ruby eyes are sparkling, "Fascinating."

I frown and take a cautious step away from Aro, "I would not describe it that way-"

"Apologies for my excitement. True, that was foreboding, but such a rare treat to see it exactly as it will happen." 

I can feel my stomach tangling in knots. 

"What did she show you, Aro?" Caius appears less hostile than yesterday; I imagine this is unnatural for him. 

Aro ignores him, "Safiya, do you regard your talent as concrete?" 

I take another step away from the thrones and look around the room, Alec and Jane are studying me, but I can not be sure how much trust I can put in either of them. 

"Answer him," Caius has resumed his hostile demeanor. 

I take a shallow breath, "As I see it is exactly how it happens."

"Let's test it-" 

Without a second glance, I bolt for the doors and somehow make it out into the corridor. No one stops me. I pause as I frantically look for somewhere to escape or hide, that was too easy.

I barely make it to the opposite end of the corridor before the doors briefly open and shut with a loud thud. I look around, but see no one. "Please, you don't have to do this." 

No response.

"Aro, don't let them do this to me! Please!"

I can feel my breathing become labored as I weakly try to shield myself with my long sleeves.

"Alec? Jane? Please, someone, help me!"

And then there is a flash. I hiss and look down at my now exposed forearm that has a crescent shaped wound oozing blood. The fire hits me seconds later as I release a piercing shriek. 

And then I feel nothing.