The crackling was heard as Kate used her powers on Bella, but the newborn didn't even flinch as Kate electrocuted her.  "Oh, yeah, she's a shield, all right. That should put her on her ass."

Melanie turned around to see the rest of the Denali's, along with Garret, Carlisle and Nik who had his arm around Tanya's waist.

"Or your voltage has been exaggerated," Garrett spoke making Melanie mentally facepalm.

Kate turned around with a smirk, holding her hand out. "Maybe it only works on the weak."

Garrett took a step forward holding his hand out. "Garrett, I wouldn't." Carlisle tried to say but it was too late, Garrett didn't listen and touch Kate's hand, automatically causing him to groan and fall to the ground.

"You, are an amazing woman." Melanie smiled at Garrett words, already knowing they were going to get together before they even knew it themselves.

Suddenly the sound of twigs snapping and someone, no, two someones' running between the trees were heard. Whoever it was, definitely were a vampire, and as far as Melanie knew, weren't invited either.

The vampires all took off running, coming to a stop when they noticed Jacob, along with the newly turned shifters and two vampires sitting higher up on a cliff.

"Vladimir, Stefan," Carlisle spoke looking up at the two. "You're a long way from home."

For some reason, Melanie didn't think Vladimir's name suited him, he seemed more like a Mickey.

"What are they doing here?" Kate whispered to Melanie who only shrugged in response.

"We heard the Volturi was moving against you, but that you would not stand alone," Vladimir spoke.

Carlisle shook his head. "We didn't do what we were accused of," he denied.

"We do not care what you did, Carlisle." Said Vladimir as he rolled his eyes.

"We have been waiting a millennium for the Italian scum to be challenged," Stefan added with a wicked smirk.

"It's not our plan to fight the Volturi."

"Shame." Vladimir taunted. "Aro's witnesses will be so disappointed."

"They enjoy a good fight." Stefan agreed as they both chuckled.

Eleazar walked forward, looking at Carlisle in confusion. "Aro's witnesses?"

"Aww." Vladimir mocked. "Still hoping they'll listen?"

Carlisle eventually agreed to let them stay, and now the Cullens, the Denali's and their friends were sat in one of the Cullen living rooms having a meeting and listening to Eleazar speak. "When Aro wants someone from a coven, it's never long before evidence turns up proving that coven commuted some crime."

"So he's done this before?" Bella questioned.

"It happens so rarely, I never realized it was a pattern," Eleazer replied.

"Not until they tried to do it with us," Melanie spoke, talking about the Denali coven. "Before I joined the Olympic coven, Aro tried his hardest to find us guilty of something so they could kill everyone and take me with them, but of course, they didn't."

"Apparently he always pardons one person whose thoughts he claims are repentant," Carlisle explained.

"This person always has an ability," Eleazar added. "And they're always given a place with the Guard."

"This is all about Alice," Edward spoke. "He has no one like her, and he knows if he has Alice he automatically has Melanie."

"Which is why she left," Bella replied coming to realisation.

"Why does he need witnesses?" Emmet questioned.

"To spread the word that justice has been served," Alistair spoke walking forward. "After he slaughters an entire coven."

Amun moved forward from his place, his wife following. "Benjamin, Tia, we're leaving."

"And where you go?" Edward asked. "What makes you think they'll be satisfied with Alice and Melanie? What's them from going after Benjamin next? Or Zafrina or Kate or anyone else with a gift? Anyone they want."

"Coming from experience, their goal isn't punishment it's power. It's acquisition." Melanie spoke up, helping Edward out.

Edward looked at Melanie in appreciation before turning back to the covens. "Carlisle might not ask you to fight, but I will. For the sake of my family. But also for yours. And for the way you want to live."

A small silence passed before Jacob stood up. "The packs will fight. We've never been afraid of vampires."

"We will fight," Tanya spoke as she and the Denali's stood, making Melanie smile.

"This won't be the first time I've fought a king's rule," Garrett spoke.

"We'll join you," Benjamin said.
"-No." Amun turned around in fear.

"I will do the right thing, Amun. You may do as you please."

"We will stand with you," said Senna and she and Zafrina stood.

The Irish coven stood up next. "So will we."

Charolette nodded Melanie and Carlisle as she and Peter stood and walked forward.

"You know I've got your back," Lupin said to Melanie, nodding to her.

"That didn't take much." Melanie heard Vladimir whisper to Stefan.

"Let's hope it doesn't come to that," Edward said, Melanie also hopped it wouldn't, because she knew she wouldn't be able to handle the loss of any of her friends or family.

WORDS: 1311
STATUS: UNEDITED
NOTE; I'm writing the fuck out of this book right now

WORDS: 1311STATUS: UNEDITEDNOTE; I'm writing the fuck out of this book right now