Chapter 6

It wasn’t so bad, staying with Frank. We didn’t talk and we kept our distance. We both lost Gee last night it wasn’t just me. I was just fixing up some dinner in the kitchen when Frank stumbled in and leaned against the counter looking at me. “Why don’t you like me Riley?”

“I do like you Frank,”

“Don’t be a dip shit you know what I mean.”

It stung a little when he said that but I kept on buttering some bread. “Cause I loved Gerard.”

“That’s exactly what Lindsey said! What’s so fucking good about him!”

I felt tears well up in my eyes as I remembered sharing a dorm room with him whilst we were both finishing our masters in art. I remembered the look on his face when he found about my semi-secret career in making comics and album covers. It couldn’t compare to the one I saw tonight. I guess that’s because it was love crashing and burning in his eyes. “He is just him Frank. You have thousands of girls who love you and write fan fiction about you, and yet you still wanted the impossible. You chose me of all people.”

“From the moment I met you Riles, from the exact moment I fell hard. I wanted you to love me I NEEDED you to love me. But I couldn’t have you!”

His fists slammed hard onto the counter and I began to become more or less conscious of my surroundings. I was beginning to get scared. “Everything about you turns me on.”

He looked me over and came closer to me. “And this time you’re not getting away with making me feel this way.”
“FRANK STOP!”

He picked me up and took me up the stairs and down the winding hallway.

Frank’s P.O.V (EEEEP! :D)

We woke up in a heap, just me tangled sheets and Riley snoozing softly beside me. It would be much more romantic if we both wanted to be here. Let’s face it the only reason we’re both here now is I accidently spilled everything. Well that and I practically dragged her into bed. But now she wasn’t objecting she was just resting softly and I could feel her breathing. I think I’m gonna have to get up and dressed real soon I’m gonna have to set things straight with the guys sooner or later and what makes me laugh is that every time I have managed to sleep with Riley is when I’ve been drunk and can’t remember hardly anything. Fuck it’s hot in here. “Fuck it’s hot in here.”

I looked over to Riley who was kicking off blankets and re adjusting the very few pieces of fabric she had left.  “I was just thinking that.”

I said sighing and pulling some jeans. “Sadly enough I’m getting used to this.”

I stopped and looked at Riley holding up a blanket to cover her chest, she stared out the window and brushed some hair off her face. “What are you talking about?”

She peeled her eyes away from the window and looked at me. “You getting drunk, having pity parties and sleeping with me in the end. I think it happened on a normal basses now.”
“It’s only happened twice.”

I hissed out, I mean how else was I going to protect my dignity? “One to many Frank, and c’mon it’s been within the last 2 weeks… that’s one a week! And who knows how long I’m gonna be staying here! You could be drunk every night for all I know.”

I pursed my lips trying not to speak, maybe she was right. “Get up.”

“Huh?”

“I said get UP!”

She quickly got up and covered her bits with her hands. What an idiot. “It’s nothing I’ve never seen before stop being so shy.”

She still didn’t move her hands and looked at me, almost like daring me to make her move her hands away or to try and make her. “Get dressed please, we’re finding you an apartment.”

Riley’s P.O.V

“NEWYORK! Frank I can’t afford New York! I just spent nearly all of it for the movie I’m making!”

“Well it’s lucky you’re not the one buying it then isn’t it.”

I looked at his blank expression staring at the luxury picture of the apartment in the glass skyscraper. It was fucking stunning. But this was too much. “Looks Riles you even have enough rooms to put a studio or two in.”

He said looking at some more of the rooms. “Frank not that I don’t appreciate the kindness but this is-“

“Then don’t say a word if you appreciate it.”

He muttered flipping a page of the booklet. He was wearing that green sweater and the handcuff necklace that he got from Mikey last Christmas. He also got his haircut how he used to have it, shaved one side and fringe sweeping over on the other. I liked seeing him this way, it was better than what he became. He was just, him. “It also is in a very safe neighbourhood.”

“Frank-“

“So you don’t have to worry,”
“FRANK!”
“There has not been one report on robberies in the whole building and-“

He kept chatting away not seeming to notice me trying to get his attention. I guess it’s better to say what I feel to a blank wall. “Frank, I don’t want to be anywhere unless your there or near me.”

“And… wait what did you just say?”
I looked up at him and smiled. “I better get home and pack.”

There’s no turning back now, he knows what you said. There’s no chance in hell you’re going back to Gerard now. Well, not without a fight.