'Walk around in your underwear' Prentiss had said. 'Eat the last of the cereal and not feel guilty' Garcia had said. 'Enjoy your freedom again kid' Morgan had smirked with his strong hand gripping her shoulder.

But I'd seen it. They hadn't. I'd seen the look on her face as they'd all shared these absolutely useless pieces of advice.

I'd seen the panic hidden behind her eyes; the smallest sheen of sweat on her forehead; the slight hitch in her breathing.

I'd seen it all because when it comes to Melanie I see everything.

'If you need me, I'm only nine hundred and seventy four steps away.' I'd told her quietly as I held her hand and her eyes.

'Nine hundred and seventy four?' She'd repeated and I'd nodded.

'And you actually frowned when I told you I loved you.' She'd laughed, wrapping her arms around me in a hug before we all had to leave.

It'd hurt to walk away and leave her in that big apartment. It wasn't even all that big. But, when you're used to living out of one room; sharing all the others; it was big.

*

"Junior G Man, c'mon let's go we got a case!" Garcia's chirpy voice half-yelled down my phone and I winced.

"I don't think I can do it." I grumbled, rolling out of bed and checking the time on my cell in my hand.

"Oh yes you can, Melanie's here and she wants you to do it so c'mon." She hung up before I could ask her why Melanie was at the BAU before I was even out of bed.

I hurriedly got dressed and gathered my satchel; propelling myself downstairs in a panic.

Why was Melanie at the BAU before me?

I caught a taxi and threw myself upstairs to the BAU where only Garcia, Aaron and Melanie were gathered in the conference room.

"I got here as soon as I..." I trailed off breathlessly, sweeping my eyes around the room realising I wasn't the last person here. "Oh." I cleared my throat and dragged myself to the coffee pot as Melanie smiled and approached.

"Garcia only said that so you'd hurry up." She mumbled as Garcia and Aaron talked over the case.

"Seriously?" I part-gasped and Melanie giggled, nodding her head. "That's ridiculous." I joked, stirring sugar into my coffee.

"I tried to protest but..." She sighed and shook her head. "She just wasn't liking my answer."
"How's the apartment?" I asked conversationally as we sat back down at the table.

Garcia and Aaron fell silent as my question registered with them too.

"It's good." Melanie lied, staring into her coffee cup as she sat it back down on the table.

"Alright Garcia what do we got?" Morgan asked, entering the room with the rest of our team.

I watched Melanie with slightly narrowed eyes as she sipped the final dregs of her coffee; clearly avoiding my eyes by doing so.

"Reid," Garcia clicked her fingers and I snapped my gaze onto her immediately. "Pay attention," She joked and I cleared my throat, mumbling an apology under my breath and straightening in my seat as I blushed.

"Alright, Phoenix Arizona have a serial killer on their hands," Garcia said matter-of-factly. "And before you ask, no it doesn't appear to be the workings of just another drug cartel, which Phoenix seems to be most-known for,"

She shuddered and clicked more pictures up on the screen, mutilated bodies flashing before our eyes.

"Are you sure this isn't the work of another cartel?" Rossi asked with a sour expression. "Sure looks like it to me." He added.

Honesty - Criminal Minds || Spencer Reid FanfictionOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara