But in all seriousness, she couldn't wait for Bella to find the hidden note Alice had left her, then she'd finally have someone to talk to about the situation.

Of course, Melanie could just tell Bella herself, but where's the fun in that?

"All right. Let's get this show on the road." Jacob spoke as he walked in the room, dragging out the ending a little as he looked outside to see Sam standing outside.

The family all walked out together, as soon as the shifter seen Carlisle, he passed a note to him. "Alice asked me to give you that."

As he said the words, Rosalie, Emmett and Edward all looked at Melanie in confusion, Melanie frowned, shrugging her shoulders to say she had no clue what it was about.

"She, Jasper and Caroline crossed our lands to the ocean last night." Sam confined.

Melanie stepped forward, snatching the letter out of Carlisle's hands and scanning out it. "No, she never said anything about it to me."

"Melanie," Esme spoke.

"They've left us," Melanie replied, her voice breaking as she didn't look up from the note.

"Why?" Rosalie asked.

"She didn't say." With that Melanie slapped the note back in Carlisle's hands, and stormed back into the house, a smile made grew on her face once she was out of sight from the family.

A moment after, Edward scurried after his sister in law. "Are you okay?" He asked once Melanie came into view, the Denali was sat on the couch, just staring into space, Melanie narrowed her eyes looking up at her friend. "Right, stupid question."

"I don't know why she'd leave, and why wouldn't she tell me?" Melanie mumbled, but with super hearing, Edward could hear it clearly.

"I'm not sure why, but something I do know is that Alice loves you, more than anything, and I know, that she'll return, to all of us, but most especially you."

Melanie nodded at Edwards words, slightly feeling bad that he was sat trying to make her feel better, but the thing was, Edwards words really did make Melanie feel better, because even though she knew where Alice and her friends were, the worry still made her heart sink.

———

The ride to the Denali's home was awkward to say at least, the plane ride itself was bad, but being crammed in a car with Bella and Jacob wasn't the best, yes they had put their differences aside for Renesmee and Edward, but they still weren't the best of friends.

Luckily for Melanie, they finally came to a stop outside the home, she and Edward both got out of the car first, leaving Bella, Nesse and Jacob inside.

"Melanie, Edward, is everything all right?" Tanya questioned as the duo grew closer to them. "Why didn't you tell us you were coming?"

"Is it Irina?" Carmen asked, Melanie, smiled having missed her sister. "Have you heard from her?"

"Not directly," Melanie replied, walking up to Carmen and pulling her in for a tight hug, and then making her way to Eleazar and then Tanya and Kate.

"Why is your bride waiting in the car?" Eleazar asked.

"And why have you brought a wolf with you? I can smell him from here." Kate added.

"My family is in danger. I need your help." Edward explained.

Carmen looked at Melanie in surprise, taking a step forward slightly. "What's happened?"

"It's hard to explain but I need you to be open-minded. Can you do that?" Edward said.

Tanya nodded. "Of course."

A moment later, Bella got out of the car, Jacob following and then Renesmee. The Denali's all gasped, taking a step forward, Eleazar went into protective mode, grabbing Carmen and Melanie and pulling them back with him.

Tanya did the same, pushing Kate behind her as Kate growled at Edward. "The Volturi will come for all of us. And you brought my sister into this!"

"You get that thing out of here," Tanya whispered in fear.

"She's not what she looks like." Edward quickly shook his head.

"This is a crime!" Tanya yelled, charging for Edward and pushing him back, Edward grabbed Tanya and pushed her to the floor. Kate ran up to him next, grabbing his arm and electrocuting him with her gift.

This angered Bella, who ran up next, pushing Kate away from her husband, Melanie who couldn't stand seeing her two sisters hurt, grew a red ball of energy, pushing back Bella and Edward away from them and then rushing to help them up.

The two blonde Denali's ran towards the couple again once they were up, but stopped when Edward began to talk. "She has blood in her veins! You can feel her warmth."

"I can feel it," Carmen spoke up in awe.

"I'm her biological father. Bella is her mother."

Kate shook her head. "Impossible."

"It's true," Bella spoke. "She was born while I was still human."

"I've never heard of such a thing," Eleazar added.

"No one has." Said Melanie as she walked back over to Carmen.

"She can show you if you let her." Edward carried on, turning to face his daughter and Jacob.

The werewolf lifted Renesmee into his arms, walking over to the family. Once they both grew closer, Renesmee lifted her hand, gently touching Tanya's face, showing her the memory of her being born.

Once Renesmee let her hand back down, Tanya turned to her family in shock, her eyes wide as she spoke. "It's true. She's not immortal."

WORDS: 1260
STATUS: UNEDITED
NOTE: I don't think it's going to make much of a difference now because there's only a few chapters left, but I've decided to just post the chapters once I've finished writing them, instead of waiting for them all to be written.