She's really awake??

******2 months later*******

Cassie's POV:

It's been exactly 2 months since Grace's accident and the doctors have seen a lot of progress. It was late afternoon, I went to Starbucks to get a drink but they messed up my order so it took longer than I expected. I was about to walk into Grace's room when I heard voices coming from inside her room. I opened the door and I saw her eyes, but this time they were open.

"GRACE" I yelled I dropped my hot chocolate on the floor and ran over to her bed. "Omg Grace you're awake" I said tears streaming down my face.

She smiled at me, but didn't say anything. "Grace" I said softly did she not know who I was.

"I'm sorry, but do I know you" she said her voice coming out scratchy. No, no this can't be happening my best friend doesn't remember me.

"It's me Grace, your best friend.." I stopped short when a smile can across her face.

"Cassie" she said finishing my sentence.

"You remember, omg you remember. I thought you lost your memory and forgot everything."

Right then Doctor Fitz walked in. "Hello Cassie"

"Hey Olivia" I've gotten to know her really well over the past 2 months. You know seeing each other everyday, you get close to a lot of people.

"When did this happen" I said pointing to Grace.

"Last night, when you left we were checking up on her before the night shift would come and she woke up." Olivia smiled. "But we did run a few test, Grace's memory is not 100 percent there yet. It will take her time to remember certain people."

"But she remembered me" I said confused.

"Yes, she did. Studies have shown that certain types of people trigger certain memories." I think she saw the confused look on my face. "Grace will remember the people who made her feel special, the ones who impacted her life the most."

"So she doesn't remember what happened to her when she was younger" I whispered.

"No. Well not at the moment, eventually everything will come back. But it could take a few months, days, even years till she could fully remember everything. As of right now, Grace just needs some rest. If everything goes well she can leave in a few weeks." Olivia said.

"Grace, the doctor says you need rest so I'm going to go make a phone call and be back later okay." Grace nodded her head and closed her eyes.

I walked out of the hospital and made my way to the garden in the back of the building. I pulled out my phone and clicked on his name.

Louis's POV:

I woke up late this morning and checked my phone. Today was exactly 2 months since Grace's accident. The boys have all moved on and forgotten about Grace, but I couldn't. I would talk to Cassie once a week checking up on Grace making sure she was okay. Harry was a wreck for a few weeks, we were all worried, but eventually he said it was time for him to move on. We were at a pit stop, so all the boys weren't on the bus. I heard my phone buzzing from the other room.

"Hello" I said

"Louis" Cassie said her voice sounding shaky.

"Cassie, what's wrong is Grace okay. Please tell me she's okay" I said

"Grace is awake." I dropped my phone, but caught it before it could hit the floor.

"Louis, you still there"

"She's really awake."

"Yeah she woke up last night."

"I need to talk to her, how is she, does she remember"

"Lou slow down. She's resting but I will figure something out so that you can see her okay."

"Okay, I will talk to you later."

"Bye" I clicked end. I placed my phone on the bed. Grace is awake and she's okay, she's okay.

----------------

First chapter of "Remembering me" I hope you guys enjoyed it. The chapters will not be as long as the first book, but I will be updating as frequently as possible. xxxx

Vote and Comment :)