The Not-So Peculiar Shack.

After what seems like forever, Alex finally comes to a halt in front of a shack. 

Despite how far we seem to be from the school building, I still can't help but worry. 

Alex and I left the classroom without our bags, so the teacher would know we're gone. Does Alex have a legit excuse for that?

A cat stole my tongue so I had to take it back.

This wouldn't be a complete lie, because I'm somehow speechless, feeling adrenaline, dread, yet excitement course through my veins. I take in a deep breath and try to relax, beads of sweat starting to drip from my forehead.

"What now, Alex?" 

Alex looks complete oblivious about this, like he's done it many times before.

To come and think about it, I actually remember not seeing Alex in class once or twice- or more times.

"Listen, God knows why I've suddenly decided to trust you with this, but I'm not the only one who does this, so it's best if you don't tell anyone about this, understood?"

I do the only thing I seem to be able to: nod.

"Do you know the school secretary Mr. Watkins? He's the one who controls the student absency list, the list the school keeps when they want to keep track of-"

"The number of times a student is present in class, I get it," I cut, waving my hand. "Tell me something I don't know."

He rolls his eyes, their color matching the light, blue canopy we call the sky. 

I take a short while to study the boy the Knightley twins used to go out with.

I'd give him a 9 out of 10 for his physical appearance. His blond hair goes quite well with the rest of his facial features. But out of them all, the winner would be his eyes; they were just simply stunning. I honestly couldn't imagine what he'd look like without them.

"Well, Mr. Watkins and I have a long term deal going on. Whenever I feel like skipping class, he'll make up a few lies and such to the teacher, and have them sign a few things. I'm not sure how the entire procedure works, but eh."

The sun burns the deep layers of my throat, giving me the urge to grab the hose beside me, and drink from it. But I resist, and wait for the questions I have in my head to form into proper words. Isn't it annoying how we know yet don't know what to say?

"But what about me? And how would he know if you're gone or not?"

Alex points at the top left corner of the shed.

"The CCTV. I always come here whenever I skip classes, unless I've already made arragements with Mr. Watkins."

I shake my head. "You truly live to the reputation of our school's bad boy, Alex."

 He wears a proud smirk. "I'm sneaky alright, but that's only because I'm smart enough to get away with it." 

----

To sum things up, I ended up falling asleep in the shack.

Turns out the shack leads to an underground tunnel of some sort, where they hide all sorts of things: pot, snacks, alcohol- I swear I saw small bags of weed down there too.

The third S Alex mentioned wasn't useful, because there were only the two of us in the shack, and Alex assured me I could go to sleep without worrying he'd do something stupid to me, since there are CCTVs monitoring the inside of the shack too. 

"The CCTVs in and outside the shack are monitored by Mr. Watkins, so the school has no access to them. They think it's an abandoned tool shed of some sort, since the key's with me and it's locked unless I enter the shack."