Rebels?

I shuffle to the front of the class, and take the paper from Mrs. Lolaraine. 

She shakes her head, and immediately busies herself by calling out the rest of the students. 

"Bianca Hoechlin?" 

Bianca walks to the front of the class calmly, before sitting beside me a few seconds later.

"How'd you do?" She asks, peeping at my answer sheet.

I push it further from her, covering the top right corner with my elbow. 

She frowns and tries to pry my hand away from the desk. "Why won't you let me see? You didn't do too bad, did you?" 

I groan, giving up, and let her snatch the paper from me. 

She stares at it, her mouth halfway open. She slams it against her table, causing half of the students in class to turn to see us. 

"What..." 

She looks from hers to mine continuously, and throws my paper. The paper misses the table, and it falls right under it. 

"How..." she continues. 

It's her turn to hide her results when I try to see hers. But eventually, she gives in and allows me to grab the paper from her slowly. 

"I don't see what's wrong with your results. An A- isn't that bad, you know." 

She makes a face and takes the paper back. "Well, it is if you actually bothered studying for the test." 

This is why I didn't want to show my results to Bianca.

I know she's been studying hard to maintain her straight A+s in history class, while I've only bothered to touch my textbook three nights ago since Grayson offered to tutor me. 

"I'm sorry."

But what for? 

Her lips curl into a small smile. "Well, I guess it's alright. It is your first A in history class after all," she says with a smirk. "And since you've gotten an A+... does that mean Grayson's going to take you out to a date?" 

I flush when I remember about the deal.

"If you get an A+ in this one, then I'll take you to the amusement park, then we can go to your favorite ice cream shop and get as many scoops of ice cream as you want. But while we're at the amusement park, I want to ride the red roller coaster, visit the horror house, the house of mirrors, the house of sweets, and every photobooth we could find."

"I don't know... when I saw him earlier in the morning he was..."

She makes a puzzled face. "Was what?"

I shake my head, ignoring the pain that starts to form in my chest. "Never mind. How's Jerry?" 

Her face lights up like a fire cracker on the 4th of July. I could see her eyes twinkle like a love sick puppy. I wonder if Jerry picks up these small yet sincere gestures. Do look like that whenever I see Grayson? 

"We're going to see a movie tonight," she conceals a squeal.

"Okay class, it's documentary time. You're free to talk, sleep, or do your other assignments, but I'm not responsible if you can't answer the questions to your next homework." Mrs. Lolaraine turns the lights off. I rest my head on the table, and feel the world around me slowly disolving, until I fall into a peaceful darkness. 

 I could've slept till lunch, or maybe till the end of school, but a nightmare decided to crash my sleep and wake me up- or should I say a morningnare because it's only 9 in the morning.

Mrs. Lolaraine clears her throat when the students start to leave the room, while I rub my eyes and try to regain my full consciousness.

"Nap time's over, Ms. Gonzales," she remarks in a sarcastic tone. She then glares at Bianca, shooting laser beams through her eyes. Bianca takes it as a signal to leave, and I immediately shove everything I could into my backpack before I could awake the godzilla. 

"What subject do you have next?" Bianca asks when I join her outside the room.

"Chemistry," I imagine myself making a morbid face as the word slips out of my mouth. "You?" 

She smirks. "I'm having biology class." 

"Oh... biology. With Jerry."

That sounded so wrong.

Despite how things were earlier in the morning, I'm somehow looking forward to having English class with Grayson. Maybe he'd be ready to talk to me about what happened by then? 

I find myself sighing, zoning out to whatever Bianca seems to be babbling about- if she really is talking to me. I see her mouth move rapidly, yet my thoughts seem to block my ears from functioning. 

"I'll see you later in lunch," I say, when I realize I've reached the front of the chemistry class.

She eyes me for a moment, before her smile slowly fades.

"Alright. And good luck with whatever it is  that's bothering you."

I have the sudden urge to give my friend a hug, but I decide to dismiss it, sittng at the back of the class next to my friend Alex.  

"How many minutes till lunch?" I mumble as I flop down my seat. 

He takes a look at his black watch strapped to his right wrist. "Dude, it's only 9:10. Lunch is in 12:20." 

A grin suddenly emerges on his face. 

"Do you wanna get out of here?" 

I mirror his grin. "God, I've been waiting all day for someone to say that... but I've never skipped class before." 

He frowns. "Don't worry, just follow the three S'," he whispers dramatically, bringing his face closer.

"And what's that?" 

"Shut up, Sneak out, and when we get there... no Sex. That's the third S. Seriously, if you see someone hot there, just leave them alone." 

Before I could even ask what he meant by that, he grabs me by my wrist and dashes out of the room. 

"What if the teacher-"

"SHUSH," he whisper-shouts. "It's the first S!" 

The next thing I know, I'm already running, and I continue to even I've reached the back of the school.

If I get caught, then I guess I'll be paying Mrs. Durmon another visit. 

Yay.

A/N:

I KNOW MY CHAPTERS ARE USUALLY LONGER THAN THIS, BUT I'M JUST NOT IN THE MOOD. I FEEL LIKE EVERYONE IS DISAPPEARING OKAY UGH SOCIAL ANXIETY SUCKS A LOT. FIRST IT WAS JUST ONE PERSON AND THEN IT FEELS LIKE EVERYONE'S GONE. BUT I DID PROMISE I'D UPDATE TODAY, SO THAT'S THE BEST I COULD DO FOR NOW :C PLUS, IF YOU'RE IN A HURRY, THEN SHORT CHAPTERS ARE MORE CONVENIENT TO READ, RIGHT?

THIS IS ALSO UNEDITED, AND IF YOU'RE LOOKING FOR A BOOK CLUB THEN WHY DON'T YOU CHECK IT OUT? *WINK*

PLEASE VOTE AND COMMENT IF YOU ENJOYED, EVERY ONE OF THEM MEANS A LOT TO ME ASDFJKL; BYE! IF YOU'LL EXCUSE ME, MR. GREY AWAITS ;)