chapter 17

after going around in plenty of different stores and holding multiple bags in our hands, we decided we needed to have a stop at the beach. dean threw on a pair of sunglasses he had bought at one of the stores.

"wow, now you really look like you're from california." he lowered his sunglasses on his nose and casually winked at me. i rolled my eyes at his actions.

we had passed by a family with towels laying around all over for the children, i was assuming. dean had sneakily grabbed one so we could sit on it. i looked at him in shock.

"dean, you've got to put it back. that's not ours." he looked at me funnily. "oh sweets c'mon. we're just borrowing it for a little. i promise i'll give it back when we're done."

i shook my head at him. "boy oh boy, what am i gonna do with you?" i asked him jokingly. a questioning look spread across his face.

"well you could either one, throw me into the ocean or two, have a lovely time talking about our future ahead of us." i thought for a moment between the two options.

"i think i am going to have to go with option one. sounds more, fun." dean quietly scoffed to himself. "why did i even give you that option?" he rubbed his forehead, not knowing what he was getting himself into.

"well let it be my honor to push you in." we set down our bags and took off our shoes. there was a beautiful sunset beginning to paint across the sky.

both dean and i stood there for a minute, admiring the sky above us. other people were splashing around in the water around us. it was the perfect temperature out.

though suddenly i was scooped up bridal style from dean and he was slowly walking more into the ocean. i looked at the boy quizzically while he had a smirk on his face. "dean i swear if you dunk me in the water i am going to-"

but before i could finish my words, he softly tossed me into the water. i came out of the water in less than a second. "okay that's it, you're dead."

i began splashing him as much as i could and he started splashing me as well. after five or so minutes we were both completely drenched.

"okay okay," i began as i stopped splashing water at the boy. "truce?" i asked as i held out my hand towards him. he looked at me skeptically while drips of water slid down his face.

he slowly took my hand and we shook hands in agreement. though behind my back was my left hand with crossed fingers. a small smirk slowly crept onto my face.

"oh dean, you don't even know what you've gotten yourself into." he looked at me quizzically. though i didn't let him say a word as i yanked him by his arm for him to come flying into the water.

i started dying of laughter when he came up and shook his head to get off the water in his hair. i grabbed my stomach as it began hurting from all the laughing.

but soon enough i was pushed into the water, and another war began.

for at least an hour we were fighting. slowly, people began to flee the beach and make their way out of the water. soon we had both realized how dark it had become.

"okay okay, i tap out and you win. but we need to make our way back, now." i took a deep breath before looking around and nodding my head at his words.

we made our way out of the ocean. i had gone in with my clothes and my once lavender shirt was now a deep purple and my denim shorts nearly looked black.

dean had taken his tank top off and squeezed out any of the remaining water. i quickly turned away and made it seem like i was doing something.

we started making our walk back to where we were staying. dean's hair was close to being dry while mine wasn't even close. dean had decided to break the silence between us.

"what's one thing you like the most?" he questioned me as he stared at the streets which were filled with cars. i thought for a moment before answering.

"taking showers at night is the best." he chuckled quietly to himself before responding to my answer. "wow, and i thought you'd say me."

i looked over at the taller boy next to me, admiring all of his features. a small smile was stuck on his face which made me smile even more.

we talked a little more before arriving to the hotel lobby. nearly half the team was standing in their and they seemed to have been looking for something, or someone.

"my god! we've been looking for you two for almost two or three hours. where have you been?" averman asked us as he spotted us at the door.

but before i could answer, dean swung his arm around me. "oh you know, we've just had the greatest date ever."