chapter 10

the following morning, i lazily got out of bed. i looked at the digital clock which read 7:37. i groaned as i didn't want to be up right now.

i dragged myself out of bed and began to get ready for the long day ahead of me. we were versing team italy and i had a good feeling we were going to win.

after brushing my teeth, hair, throwing on the track suit, and doing a few more touch ups, i walked out of my room and down to the lobby.

everyone else slowly began to show up and next thing i knew, we were all on our bus on the way to our game. dwayne gave me a dirty look. a small smirk appeared on my face.

"nice prank last night, mymy," he said as he crossed his arms over his chest. i smiled a cheeky smile towards him. "hope you enjoyed it." he playfully rolled his eyes at me.

we arrived at the rink and went straight to the locker rooms. we got dressed and made our way onto the ice.

by now the game was half way through. we were, once again, in the lead 6 to nothing. italy tried taking a shot on goldberg, but he luckily saved it.

fulton had loaded up to shoot and as he did, it went straight past the defensemen and right between the goalies legs. we all cheered together for him.

we had won once again, 11 to nothing. coach bombay immediately left after our game to go for a photoshoot. he seemed to have been acting a little, off and different.

averman, jesse, dwayne, and goldberg decided to all head off to more of downtown los angeles while i decided to stay back. i honestly just wanted to relax and sleep.

as i was just about to fall asleep on my bed, there was a knock on my door. i mentally groaned as i got up and out of bed to answer the door.

their stood both connie and julie with grins on their faces. "we need to have a little," julie started and looked towards connie for her to finish. "girl talk."

i opened the door wider to let them in. they immediately took seats on the bed as i sat myself on the chair at my desk. i looked towards them, waiting for them to begin.

"well, what is going on between you and dean?" connie asked as a small smile began to rise on her face. i immediately started to shake my head no.

"i don't think of dean like that. he's like my best friend." julie and connie looked towards each other and then back at me.

"sorry to say but, you suck at lying." i chuckled at julie's comment. i looked out the window and replayed the few memories i had already made with dean.

"see! you're thinking about him right now and you're blushing!" connie announced. i adverted my gaze towards her.

"i am not thinking of him connie," i responded back to her. she crossed her arms over her chest and as i looked towards julie, she did the same thing.

i guess there was no way of getting out of this one. "okay fine. maybe i do have a little crush on dean." both of the girls squealed in excitement.

"well, if you ever need advice or help, just come to us!" and with that. they both left the room. a small sigh left my lips as i looked around the empty room.

i laid back down on the bed and let my mind wander of very many thoughts. but in the matter of minutes, i passed out into a deep sleep.

a phone call woke me up from my sleep. i picked up the phone and groggily answered, "hello?" a small chuckle was on the other side of the line.

"no wonder you weren't answering the door. but c'mon. me and fulton are going out in a few. be ready!" before i was able to say anything, he ended the call.

i threw myself out of bed and walked towards my suitcase. i put on a pair of blue jeans and some band tee. i fixed up my hair a little bit and sprayed on some perfume.

as i had just finished, there was a knock on my door. i opened it to reveal fulton and dean patiently waiting for me.

we made our way down the street and explored all of the shops that were surrounding us. i was in absolute awe.

i was about to walk into the ice cream parlor when i was pulled back by dean. i looked at him quizzically until he pointed ahead of us.

the coach with the enemy.

"look at this. she's an iceland chick! what is he doing with her?" dean said, annoyance clearly laced in his tone.

i scoffed. "i thought the coach was at least a little better than that." fulton shook his head. "i guess not."