Chapter Three

Allison

I woke up early, and walked to the kitchen to make coffee. I don't know if I can really say I woke up early, if I hardly slept the night before.
My mind was going crazy. I was terrified that my Dad could come back at any moment and drag me out of my sister's house.
My sister's house. I have a freaking sister. What the hell is that? For fourteen years I thought I was an only child. And now I have a grown ass sister, that my Dad abandoned, that found me on the side of the street, and took me in?

"Buongiorno farfalla." Carina said as she walked into the kitchen.
"Good morning." I handed her a cup of coffee.
"Did you sleep well?"
"Yes." I lied.

"We have to leave for the hospital in thirty minuets, your clothes are in the dryer if you want to get dressed real quick." She said as she sipped her coffee.
"Thank you Carina." I walked into the laundry room, and pulled out my clean clothes. I've been here for less than twenty-four hours and they've already done more for me than my parents have.

I quickly pulled on my too short jeans, and a tattered t shirt. Honestly, it was the nicest clothes I had.

I walked back into the kitchen and Maya was there pouring her a cup of coffee.
"Do you have any other jeans kid?" She asked.
"No..." I muttered embarrassingly.
"Do all of your clothes fit like that farfalla?" Carina asked.
"Uh... yeah. I don't really mind though."

"We'll go shopping after we get you looked at. You need clothes that fit." Maya told me.
"I-It's okay. I don't want you to waste your money on me." I stuttered out.
"Bambina, you need new clothes. It's not a waste of money."
"Sorry." I whispered.
"You don't have to keep saying sorry kid. We're not Dad. We're not gonna hurt you." Maya said, giving me an awkward hug.

"I know. It's just... different."
"I know. Come on, let's get you to the hospital." Maya said grabbing her keys.
"You're not going to work?" I asked.

"After we get you looked at. I was gonna take you with me if you want. I just have some paper work to do. Plus, Andy's been blowing my phone up asking about you."
"That sounds fun." I admitted with a smile.

*At the hospital*

"So, Carina's talking to the doctor?" I asked Maya as we were sitting in the waiting room.
"Yep. Doctor Robbins. She's the pediatric surgeon here. She's a good doctor." Maya said.

We shared a moment of silence. We didn't really know what to say.
"So um... you said your Mom is a terrible person too. Does she... does she hit you too?" Maya asked quietly.
"No. She doesn't like the hitting part. But she doesn't let me eat, won't let me wash my clothes, she um... she locks me in my bedroom for days at a time." I admitted, staring at my hands.
"I won't let you go back there, okay? They're not gonna hurt you again." She reached over and squeezed my hand.

"Allison? Are you ready farfalla?" Carina stuck her head out of a room.
"C'mon kid." Maya stood up and led me to the room, still holding my hand.

"Allison? Hi! I'm Doctor Robbins. It's so nice to meet you!" The blonde Doctor said cheerfully.
"Nice to meet you too." I said with a small smile.
"You two look so much alike! It's like I'm looking at twins right now." Doctor Robbins said with a laugh.

Maya and I looked at each other, studying each other's faces.
"We have the same face." I stated.
"Yep. Sorry kid, we're basically twins." Maya joked.

*Thirty minuets later*

"Alright. I've looked at the scans and it doesn't look like anything is too wrong. Just a few bruises." Doctor Robbins said.
"Thank God." Maya said.
"Allison, is there anything I can do?" Doctor Robbins sat down across from me.
"I just... I can't go back to that house." I muttered.
"And you won't have to. I promise." Carina reached over and took the hand that Maya wasn't holding.
"I can send these to the police. They can investigate-"
"No! They'll send me back! They always send me back!" I shouted.
"Shhh farfalla. Nobody is going to make you go back." Carina wrapped her arm around me and pulled me close.

"Allison, I'll do everything I can to make sure you don't go back. We can find you a good foster home and-"
"No. She's staying with us." Carina stated.
"I'm not going to let my sister go anywhere but our house."

"Okay. Okay. I still have to call social services. I'll let them know she's staying with her family." Doctor Robbins said.
"Thank you Doctor Robbins." I sniffled out.

"Call me Arizona. Everything is gonna be okay Allison. We promise."

*At the station*

"Okay kid. Do you want to meet everyone?" Maya asked as we walked into the station.
"Uh, sure." I said nervously.

Maya led me upstairs to the kitchen.
"Hey Captain!" A big man yelled as we walked in.
I moved myself slightly behind Maya.

"Hey team. This is Allison. The girl we found yesterday. She's my sister." Maya said with a smile.
"Whoa, your sister?" A woman with dark curly hair asked.
"Yep. She's staying with Carina and me. Allison, this is my team. Dean, Travis, Vic, Ben, Jack, Sullivan, and you know Andy already." She said.
"It's so nice to meet you Allison!" Ben said with a smile.
"You too." I said with a small smile. Still hiding slightly behind Maya.

"You wanna hang out with me Mija? I know your sister has some paper work to do." Andy asked.
I looked up at Maya, and she nodded.

"Come on Mini Bishop! Let's go check out the wagons." Dean walked towards me, and I moved even further behind Maya.

Maya turned and knelt down in front of me.
"Hey, Dean isn't gonna hurt you. Nobody here is gonna hurt you. I know he's huge, but he's a big teddy bear." Maya said softly.

I took a deep breath and nodded.
Andy and Dean led me out of the room and to the fire trucks.