She nodded "I know, but you've been avoiding me. I know you are stressed but I want to make sure you're ok. We've worked too hard to make sure that there are no unresolved issues...you don't have to tell me everything but just tell me your okay." She said, walking towards me

I moved back "I'm fine as I can be. I'll feel better if you go back to your dorm. Please don't come looking for me when I go through with everything." She didn't respond, I could tell she was upset, but I know her, and I know she'd show up.

And underneath all the fear, I knew seeing her after everything would be a little bit better.

-----------
An hour or so later I went to the room of requirement, I ripped the sheet off of the cabinet and waited for my fellow death eaters to arrive. However when they did, I didn't feel safer, I felt afraid. I should've said no...

It had only become real when they came out of the cabinet. One of them nudged me to go up the astronomy tower, I heard Dumbledore talking to someone, I hesitated for a second, but only a second. I walked up there to face the man I was going to kill.

"Good evening Draco. What brings you here on this fine spring evening" He said as I walked up the stairs

I looked around the tower, scanning for any movement. "Who else is here? I heard you talking."

Dumbledore shook his head "I often talk aloud to myself. I find it extraordinarily useful. Have you been whispering to you yourself, Draco? Draco, you are no assassin."

He was right, but I didn't want him to be. I had done bad things in the past and he had no right to assume my character. "How do you know what I am?! I've done things that would shock you!"

Dumbledore shook his head" Like cursing Katie Bell and hoping that, in return, she would bear a cursed necklace to me? Like replacing a bottle of mead with one laced with poison? Forgive me, Draco, but I cannot help feeling these actions are so weak that your heart couldn't really be in them"

"He trusts me! I was chosen!" I pulled back my sleeve and revealed my dark mark. I hoped he hadn't noticed how much my arm was shaking with fear and anger.

Dumbledore sighed "I shall make it easy for you..." He held his wand up and before I knew it I had disarmed him.

The wand fell to the floor "Very good, very good." A door opened in the distance, I looked at the source of the sound and back at Dumbledore "You're not alone? There are others? How?" He said

"The Vanishing Cabinet in the Room of Requirement. I've been mending it." I said

"Let me guess; It has a sister? A twin?" He asked

I nodded slightly "At Borgin & Burke's. They form a passage."

"Ingenius. Draco, years ago, I knew a boy who made all the wrong choices. Please let me help you." He said it was all too much. I knew he was talking about and I was afraid I was going down the same path as The Dark Lord. I couldn't accept his help, even if I wanted to

I felt my eyes well up with tears and I couldn't hold them back "I don't want your help! Don't you understand? I have to do this! I have to kill you! Or he's going to kill me..." My voice cracked starting at him, my wand shaking aggressively, I looked over and saw Bellatrix arrive.

She walked next to me, "Well, look what we have here. Well done, Draco!" Lies.

"Good evening, Bellatrix. I think introductions are called for." Dumbledore looked over at her

Bellatrix moved closer to me "Love to, Albus, but I'm afraid we're on a bit of a tight schedule." She looked at me "Do it" She whispered

I tried to, I wanted to succeed, at least I did until greyback spoke "He doesn't have the stomach... just like his father. Let me finish him in my own way"

Bellatrix shook her head "No! The Dark Lord was clear; The boy's to do it. This is your moment. Do it! Go on, Draco! NOW!"

But I couldn't. I wanted to succeed so bad but I couldn't kill him. I began lowering my wand in surrender when Snape pushed me aside lightly.

"No." He said.

"Severus...please," Dumbledore said, but a short pause followed. Then, the words came out of Snape's mouth and...I saw Dumbledore, dead, falling from the tower.

Snape grabbed me "Let's go Draco."

-----

Y/N Pov
I paced around my dorm, fidgeting with my fingers as I waited for Draco to get back from his mission. Luna sat on the edge of her bed reading quietly as I took panicked breaths.

"Y/N, he'll be fine," Luna said assuringly, looking up from her book smiling softly

"You don't know that, if he fails, he could die. I mean, he just turned 17 less than a month ago...he has so much longer to live" I stuttered out, swallowing the lump in my throat. Luna looked down, not knowing what to say

I took a deep breath "I can't lose him again...I have to go" I said, opening the dorm door and walking out of the room. I headed downstairs and heard the laugh of Bellatrix, fear flooded my veins, but I kept going.

I made it downstairs as Draco with other Death Eaters had arrived at the Great Hall. Draco looked behind him, I made eye contact with him before the crashing of glass made him turn around.

I looked at him for a second before taking off. I saw McGonagall running to the courtyard by the astronomy tower. I followed her outside and looked up at the tower above.

Dark Mark.

He was dead, Draco had done it. I looked out and saw Dumbledore. McGonagall looked at me and back at Dumbledore. We didn't have to say anything, but we both were thinking the same thing.

He has risen to power again, and there was hell ahead.

------------

Dumbledore's Funeral

Draco wasn't there on the last day of school, I didn't know where he went...no one did.

Dumbledore's funeral was awful, as all funerals are.

I don't think any of us thought this would happen, besides me, who now had to live with knowing the love of my life killed Dumbledore.

We stood around his casket, our head bowed as the Dark Mark lingered above us, reminding us of the tragedy that had happened.

McGonagall raised her wand, the bright tip barely blocking out the darkness above us. We all followed suit, knowing that darkness would follow.

None of us knew what to fully expect, all we knew was fear. We just knew that Voldemort had returned and we were all at risk.

Summer didn't seem like much fun anymore.

Word Count: 1946