Aemilius 10

Aemilius stared out the window, his gray eyes catching the light from the afternoon sun. A slight sigh escaped his mouth as a frown took over his features. There were students, so many that they seemed to be blurring and mixing into each other. All coming together to form a sea of red and black. Yet in this sea of color, only one spot was visible, the poster that they surrounded. Where is he?

Aemilius shook his head as he left the window, and began to pace the room. Dusty shelves claimed the walls that he passed, abandoned textbooks filled every corner that he walked around. And lastly, there was an old wooden table right in the middle of this room. He quickened his pace around the room, unconsciously walking in a circle around the small table. Eli, who had been lounging at this table could only groan, "You're making me dizzy with all that walking. Like I get that you're deep in thought and all, but can ya stop?"

Aemilius fixed his gaze upon his friend, his brows furrowing deeply. "He is missing," he said as he stepped closer to her, "No... not missing he must have gotten kidnapped!"

With such a dramatic statement, Aemilius expected Eli to let out a gasp, or even widen her eyes in shock. Yet instead, all she did was arched a brow.

"He is? Mind explaining who this 'he' is?"

"Irving! Damien Irving!"

Eli snapped her fingers. "Oh him! Why did you go straight to kidnapping though? Had ya ever thought that he could have just missed a day?"

Aemilius' frown deepen. "A day? No... Irving had not entered this school building for the last thirteen days!"

"Oh? You counted?"

Aemilius nodded, suddenly proud of himself, "Of course I did. Why wouldn't I? It is the great me after all."

Eli clapped her hands, glad to hype her friend up in one of his nonsensical moments. Yet she soon ceased her clapping. "Hmm... you must really be worried about that dude."

Aemilius grew slightly pink at the statement, "N-no. I-I am not worried." he raised his chin, crossing his arms, "I am simply considering the well-being of my potential tutor. That is all." He walked closer to the giant window, once again peering at the crowd below. "Ah-hem." he coughed, "This is quite the surprising turnout."

Eli rose a brow up at the sudden change in topic, but then shrugged as she stood beside Aemilius at the window, "Why wouldn't it be? For such a large sum anyone would be wanting that job. Plus, nice choice with this spot, we can see the whole situation from here."

Aemilius' lips curved up at the compliment, "Yes, this is quite the spot." His hand swept across the room, "Even if it is filled with a bunch of boring books and dusty boxes..." Eli raised an eyebrow at Aemilius' sudden quietness, "You good bro?"

"Ah... shoo!" he sneezed, causing Eli herself to jump back in surprise. Aemilius quickly wiped his nose with his handkerchief "I guess... that this room is too dusty for my tastes. Nevertheless..." he raised a finger, "this was the best I could do, but still, there is no Irving in sight... ah shoo!" He sneezed again, the force of it sending even more dust particles to swirl around the room.

Eli heaved a sigh as she dug out a tissue from her bag, handing it to Aemilius who gratefully took it. "Yeah... if this is going to be our new lookout spot then I guess we gotta clean it soon." she sat back in her seat, wincing at the dust that rose from the landing. She would have been upset if it was not for the warm sunlight streaming inside the room, warming her in the process. Eli nodded at the chair opposite her and when Aemilius sat down she gave him a look. "But hey prince, would he really show up though? Didn't he tell you 'no' like 5 times already?"