His big hands cupped my face with his thumb wiping my cheek. His stare was intense and I couldn't look back at him so I kept my eyes on the floor. This wasn't like me at all.

"Tessa, look at me" He said softly and lifted my chin to make me look at him, "Are you uncomfortable?" He asked.

He seemed genuinely worried and it was refreshing. No boy had ever cared enough to ask that. Not that I'd been with a lot of boys. I liked flirting but I didn't give them that much attention

"No" I said. His stare was mesmerising. His eyes were a dark brown, so dark now that I could see him up close. They were almost black.

He fought back a smile, "Good"

Our moment was then interrupted by the sound of my dad's car.

I instantly snapped out of it and felt panic. Leo also seemed pretty shocked.

"Come with me" I said and grabbed his hand leading him to my bedroom. I didn't really have another choice.

Thank God we had already finished with the cookies and had cleaned most of the mess.

"Stay in here" I said before leaving and closing the door.

Just then I heard my dad opening the front door and I stood in the kitchen acting like I was cleaning.

"Hi Tessa" He greeted.

We still weren't exactly on good terms.

"Hi Tessie!" Both my little sisters said in unison.

Carol was five years old and Amelia was ten years old. They were both so adorable and I loved them with everything in me.

"Hi babies!" I said and hugged them both before leaving a kiss on their head, "Did you have fun with dad?" I asked. They both nodded excitedly and I smiled at them,"That's great! Now I have to go to my room to study but I'll see you in a few hours, okay?" I said.

They pouted but nodded anyway.

I ran to my room, got in and locked the door after closing it.

Leo was sitting on my bed biting his lip with a worried look on his face, "Everything okay?" He asked.

"Yes, sorry about that. They came home earlier than I expected" I said.

He chuckled, "That was a close one"

"The thing is I don't know how to get you out of here since my dad will see you if you leave from the front door.

"I can jump out the window" He said casually.

"What? No!"

My dad would definitely hear the noise. Plus, I didn't want Leo to get hurt.

"I've jumped down higher places before"

I wanted to ask when and why. I wanted to know about his adventures, but I wasn't sure if it was a good idea. I didn't want to seem nosy.

"Leo, do you want to stay here until my dad goes to sleep? I bet the girls tired him out and he always goes to sleep at  11pm. it's already a few minutes before 10pm" I said trying to not seem nervous.

"Are you sure?" He asked.

"Yes, I don't mind if you don't"

"Okay then"

I nodded and sat next to him on the bed, "Thank you for today. You really dix a great job cheering me up. I just wish we could try these cookies together" I smiled.

"We can always do it again if you want" He said looking at me.

I nodded smiling.

I leaned my head on his shoulder and heard his breath hitch. After a few seconds he relaxed letting out a deep breath leaned his head on mine.

I don't know how it happened, but I felt so relaxed and the last thing I remember is closing my eyes telling myself it's just for two minutes.

________

"Tessa" I heard someone whispering in the distance, "Wake up" I heard the soft familiar voice.

I felt someone stroking my hair gently and I fluttered my eyes open. I looked up to see Leo looking down at me.

My head is on his lap. I slept on his lap.

"Hi" He said softly giving me a subtle smile. The room was dark but the light from the window was shining on his face.

"I'm sorry, I fell asleep" I said sitting up.  

"It's okay" He chuckled.

Our relationship was so much different than how it started. At first we both annoyed each other, but now I was so happy to be around him and it seemed like he was too.

"You're comfy, you know" I said.

"I'm glad I could be your personal pillow, but it's one in the morning and I should probably go now"

I widened my eyes, "You watched me sleep for three hours?" I asked.

"Well I must admit I slept for a little bit too, but you fell asleep on me and I didn't want to wake you up. You seemed tired" He said nervously. He thought I would be mad at him, but it was better than having him watch me sleep for three hours.

"That's better, but you can't walk all the way home from here. It's so late"

He laughed. As quietly as he could, but he laughed.

"Tessa, I've done worse. Much worse" He said.

"I don't want you to" I said quietly looking down. I knew Leo had no problem being out at this hour and he probably wouldn't be in danger, but I still didn't like the thought.

"What do you want?" He whispered staring at me.

"Can't you tell a friend to come get you?" I asked.

His eyes widened but he said, "They're both asleep right now"

I thought about it for a second.

"Well you could stay here and leave in the morning before my dad wakes up for work" I said.

I'm going crazy.

"Are you sure? It's fine I can just walk home-"

"I mean I don't mind. I get it if you don't want to, but I am okay with it" I said.

"I can sleep on the floor or the chair if you want" He said.

"Definitely not!"

But where else can he sleep idiot? with you on the bed?

"It's okay" He said standing up. When he was about to walk to my chair I grabbed his hand and made him sit back on the bed.

"You can sleep on the bed with me. It's-it's pretty big"

"Are you sure? I really don't want you to be uncomfortable. It's your bed after all"

"I'm sure"

"O-okay then" He said.

I laid on the bed putting my back against the wall and he laid on the other end of the bed, careful not to touch me and we were both facing each other.

"Goodnight Tessa" He whispered.

"Goodnight Leo"

Without Her ✓जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें