"Ryder?" I was one step away from him and I felt his body respond to how close I was.

I crossed the distance between us and hugged him from the back. He stiffened but immediately relaxed as soon as I layed my head on his back and wrapped my arms on his hard abdomen.

"Are you angry?" I spoke on his skin and rubbed my nose against his spine. It made him shiver and he raised the glass to his lips before answering me.

"No." I hugged him tighter when I felt that he was still trying to distance himself from me emotionally.

"I'm sorry if I made you upset." I kissed his back and he placed the glass down on the table before finally turning around and looking down at my eyes.

"No, I'm sorry for walking out on you earlier." He had a slight frown when he cupped my cheeks in between his hands. I smiled before burrowing my face on his chest.

"But I still want us to talk about it." I stroked his back and he buried his nose in my head.

"About how you don't want to drink blood from me, I mean." I thought he was still going to be adamant about this but he proved me wrong when he sighed.

"There's a possibility that I'll hurt you." His voice was laced with gentleness and worry as he combed my hair back using his fingers.

"I know." I had to close my eyes and lean my head as he placed a piece of hair behind my ears. He ran his knuckles along my cheeks and when I opened my eyes, his were staring straight at me.

"I might not be able to stop once I feed from you again." I saw his fear and worry as he said it to me and I grabbed his nape to pull him down.

"You will." I said without any sign of doubt.

"How are you so certain?" He was questioning my faith in him and I connected our foreheads together before speaking on his lips.

"I know because I trust you." I whispered and my breathing began to quicken when he grabbed my waist and pulled me to him.

"You scare me, Liam." He shook his head and I felt something warm bloomed inside of him.

"Shouldn't I be the one who's scared?" I chuckled and buried my nose on the crook of his neck.

"Why do you trust me so much?" He asked and I looked at him straight in the eye to convey the meaning behind my words.

"We both know why."

His throat constricted as he swallowed and I touched his bottom lip with my thumb. I traced it and slightly pulled it down.

"I'd prefer your lips rather than your thumb." He responded huskily and kissed my thumb while making eye contact.

"Can I?" My whole body shuddered at his question and he grabbed my hand to plant kisses on my palm.

"Hhmm?" He prodded and I had to look away before I answered.

"You already know." I felt my cheeks and my ears burn from the embarrassment.

"But I want you to say it." He kept on peppering kisses to my hand and I squirmed in place because I could feel his eyes boring to the side of my head.

"Y-Yes." As soon as he heard it, he grabbed the back of my head and slammed his lips with mine. My eyes were still open due to shock but I immediately closed it when his lips were waiting for me. He tasted like the whiskey he drank, rich and cool.

I moved my head against him and my hand gripped his hair while the other was planted on his back. His other hand pulled me tighter and my back arched.