Chapter 5.5

Ref: During World War II

It was the middle of the war

It was the middle of the war. Tough times were upon every single human that walked the earth. Bread was tough and dark but it was what the most common people could afford to buy. Meals were eaten for less than half a stomach, but they were missed most of the times. 

Humans blamed each other for the start of the war because greed was the worst of all virtues. What they forgot to realise was that their species was the one that was responsible for the thousands of lives lost. Power made everyone greedy and inhumane.

In a small house at the edge of the valley beyond the townsquare sat a man before a typewriter. The lamp next to him threatened to give out, the sweat running down his face irritating him and trying to get him to stop. But he was stubborn as ever because now that he had given his mind to it, nothing could get him out of it.

Except for one.

A woman walked into the room, her long robin blue dress trailing behind her on the floor. Having had a long day at the restaurant where she worked as a cook, all she wanted was a peaceful dinner with the man that sat before her. She hugged him from behind and tried to read what he was typing. She noticed that he was typing faster now and wasn't paying her any attention. It would be a hard time to get him out of that chair and so, she kissed his cheek. 

"What are you doing?" She asked him.

He tried to tilt his head to see her but his eyes refused to leave the yellow pages that were before him. What was before him was the most important thing to him in the entire world. It was the only way he could communicate what he really wanted to."Trying to write."

"And what is it that you are trying to write?"

He smiled, feeling her smile next to his face. His fingers stopped working and the clicking sound that he had been listening to all day stopped. "Our journeys."

She looked at him as he turned his head to face her. "Why?" She asked. They hadn't lived a life that was worth capturing on paper because all they had in the world was each other.

"To make sure that you are a part of me. Always." He placed his right hand on her cheek. "To leave our mark behind in this world."

She smiled, but it wasn't long before the reality of the situation hit her. Her eyes stung as she thought of what she was going to do next by breaking the situation. "What's your name?" 

And he tried.

He tried to tell her his name. He wanted to hear those words from her mouth and he was dying to know her name as well. Whoever this figment of imagination was, his mind couldn't have been the one to create someone so kind, beautiful and pure.

"I'm...."

She tried.

She tried to tell him her name and the words escaped from her mind as soon they reached her mouth. 

But destiny wouldn't play with them for long. They had met before. They had always met before. They would always meet each other until they could figure out what was happening to them. Was the world trying to send a message?

Or was it time for them to realise something?

******
The man's name is going to
be revealed soon!
Does anyone want to give it a guess?
I know I'm excited to reveal it