41: pls help im in love lololl

any r&b/soul lovers out there? cuz pretty wings came on while i was writing this and i just about diedddd ahhh my shuffle already knowsss

anyway, this chapter takes a turn and it's definitely because of that song 😩🥴

**Y/n POV**

I swirled my drink around, my heart crashing against my chest, "So her name was Jun?"

Not that he owed me a damn thing. We weren't together, he was free to date or be with whoever. But knowing that doesn't make it any easier to hear.

"I thought I could move on," he spoke slowly, his eyes glued to me while I stared at the floor. "But I realized literally everything I was doing was for you."

"It wasn't fair to her, so I ended it. After a week or two, that's when I decided I needed to see if I could give this one more chance. So I reached out to Aiko and the protectors."

I tried to fight the smile back because I thought it was hilarious he wasn't actually concerned with a truce, he was just trying to see me.

Cute. Reckless and a little irresponsible given his position, but cute.

"Who you dated really isn't any of my business, but I do have plenty of other concerns."

"Like what?" he asked as his thumb stroked across my hand.

"Well, like if you still have that obnoxious, codependent friendship with Gojo."

"Damn..." he muttered out.

I knew it was a little harsh, but it was the truth.

"I'm not interested in playing games with you Suguru. So I'm not going to hold back. If you want to talk about us, we have to talk about all of this."

"No, no, you're right. I mean, Satoru, he's still my best friend..." he trailed off, and I had to keep my facial expressions in check because what I really wanted to do was gag and roll my fucking eyes.

"What's that look for?" he asked me. Apparently I wasn't hiding my emotions as well as I thought I was.

"What look?"

"You still hate him?"

"Mm, no," I shook my head. "That one's not my fault. He hates me, and you let him treat me like shit."

I could tell he was getting frustrated as he let go of my hand and began to rub his neck, his jaw tightening a bit.

He sighed, "Do you remember what I said last time we saw each other?"

"You'll have to be more specific," I mumbled before taking a sip of my liquor. Honestly, that conversation in Flores was etched into my memory.

"I think my biggest regret is telling you that I didn't want to choose," his voice was barely audible as he spoke. "The dumbest fucking thing I could've said."

"Because I want you, Y/n. And if Satoru can't accept that, then I'll still choose you."

I was glad he remembered that because I think that's what hurt me the most. And the fact that he realizes it, it meant the world to me.

"I don't want you to have to lose your best friend..." I mumbled out. I mean Gojo sucks, but I'm not a monster.

"Me either," he muttered. "But you're right. He's been the problem, not you."

I tried to hide it, but I couldn't. A smile quickly formed on my face. I was just so fucking relieved that he realized it. Finally.

"Don't look too happy," he teased.