Chapter 4

Chapter 4

Leila’s POV

“Do you realize what this will mean?” Blake was the first to speak up.

A long silence followed Dylan’s words. I was betting no one could believe Dylan was willing to kill Jake. Even my mind felt in a daze when I replayed his words.

“This is something we should discuss in private,” Dylan said, his eyes scanning the faces around us.

When we entered Blake’s study, the air surrounding us still felt tense. Dylan was by my side, but when he tried to hold me, I shied away from him.

My Wolf was really happy to have him there. She had been calling for her mate and so had I. But something felt wrong.

“How exactly do you plan to pull this off?” Blake pressed.

He was the only one who had questions. Other than my Wolf’s craving for Jake’s blood, I had no idea what killing him would actually mean.

Blake seemed to have a pretty good picture, and it wasn’t looking so great.

“I haven’t made a plan. Jake really wants to talk to Leila. I am almost certain that he’s scared I’m going to go after him. Jake wants to clear the air and straighten things up. He knows having Midnight Moon as an enemy could only mean bad news,” Dylan explained.

“Why would you go after him?” I asked, seeing as Dylan hadn’t been so willing to do anything about my mother’s death until I ran away.

“For you,” he replied, genuinely.

Dylan reached out to take my hand, and I allowed it. The small contact was comforting, but it seemed like it was the only thing I was able to manage.

“Leila wants Jake dead, I’m very aware of that,” Blake said, his eyes landing on me for a moment, before moving on to Dylan. “But killing him off while he’s in your territory, much less while he’s visiting, isn’t the way to go. You, better than anyone else, should know that. You will have any pack who isn’t your friend, trying to get you back for that.”

“I know the consequences.” There was an edge to Dylan’s voice.

It let me know that he had thought about those things as well, but he was still willing to take the risk.

“Jake is an Alpha. Loyalties he might have with other packs won’t be broken, even if it means going against you,” Blake told Dylan.

“Midnight Moon is almost twice as large as Staten Pack. They won’t be a problem,” Dylan reassured.

“This problem isn’t between the pack and Jake. This is between Jake and me,” I interjected.

“You are the Luna of the pack, so this concerns all of us,” Dylan stated, leaving no room for argument.

“I don’t want to involve the pack in this. But it’s good to know that you were willing to back me up, even if came too little too late.”

“It’s not late for anything. We have Jake coming to us, instead of having to chase him down,” Jace added.

“You okay?” Christy asked, completely ignoring the talk that was going on between the guys.

Her eyes had been on me the entire time.

“I, I’ll be back.”

Before anyone could add anything else, I stormed out of the room. Dylan tried to go after me, but Christy stopped him.