Chapter Nine

Author's note: Hope you are enjoying under my sheets please do remember to leave a comment, sorry if there are any miss spelt words or punctuation issues, this is my  1st draft of this novel. I am hoping to one day pefect this abd get it pubilshed, so please let me kniw if you would change anything. Thanks again, and as always happy reading. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I protested at the idea that she was missing, I never knew her well enough to know if she was a character that ran away often from family feud, but I sure cared for Vasili’s safety. As I tumbled about in my bedroom and tried to get my head around the living confusion I was in, I finally got myself together and made my way towards my front door. With my mother giving a stern look with her vision one that meant I was in deep shit, I ignored the gesture and headed for my bus.

When the wagon came students collected and followed on after me, I hated their noise but yet loved the idea of being young again. Taking my normal seat the kids around me knew they wouldn’t dare approach that seat, It was mine. And as the steam heated up the window my canvas was ready for me to begin drawing. My index finger rubbed around the frame work of the window and there the finished product was produced, a feather. I laughed under my breath at the realization that I seemed to know I real life one, so I he tells me. But how could I be so stupid and believe him, I mean is there really such thing as angels? I asked myself.

My school building box like and dull came into view and as I yanked hard at my behind I finally escaped the yellow wagon of chaos, and by the near front of the school door stood Grove. He was playing about with his phone and stepping side to side, he always did that when afraid and I felt bad for making him feel the horrid sense of anxiety.  I rushed forward passing the crowd of talkative teens and there when he saw my face his beamed in sheer joy and relief. Grove let his arms out and prepared himself for a race, he was racing towards me and pulled me inwards to his body. We both hugged for a few seconds without saying a word, which was a shock for me as Grove, he always spoke even when in the worst conditions.

“Your alive, Oh my O don’t do that again! I blocked my toilet out right because of you, now my mom can’t go in there for a week without it smelling.”

“Okay too much information.” I replied laughing with the sense that I was home again, with Grove. He brushed his ice hair back and fixed his leopard print glasses.

“Where is your stalker and what did he do to you, did you call the police, wait why you aren’t with them now? You felling okay you look a little pale I mean I have some tea for you if you want some?”

“Whoa, whoa too many question in such a short space of time.”

Grove looked at me with puppy dog eyes and formed a grin that made me know he was secure with the idea of me taking my time to explain the facts that felt so fake to me.

“I haven’t called the police and he took to out that’s all.” I informed him while Grove hissed back poisoning me with his venom; they were words I didn’t wish to hear.

“You didn’t call the police? You stupid girl if anything happens to you I’m not responsible.”

And with those words they filled the air with a dark grey fog, I let him walk off and cool down, I made my way into the school building and huffed at the sight of all the senior students being called into the main hall. Great!

We formed lines of six and with my eye sight blocked due to the different head shapes of the students I soon saw Grove fitting his slender body into a gap. He glanced at me and I did the same he shot me with a disappointed facial expression, but couldn’t create my own expression after all I didn’t know how I truly felt.

“As some of you know one of are dear students Vasili has gone missing and with a shocking discovery, we have come to the conclusion that we should work together in order to find her. “ Our head of school said while standing tall in the centre of the stage, placing her hands in her right direction then left she carried on explaining.

“All of you will be grouped and expected to post these posters around the streets of our home town.” She said as she held up a poster of Vasili in her hand.

“School is cancelled for lessons today, but that does not mean you go home and play video games, I want you like Vasili’s family would to spread the word of her disappearance and help find our missing student. “  My head teacher short and well presented for someone in Fairbanks, as we normally wore huge snow jackets; she wore tight fitted dresses the ones that people wore in summer warm places.

“We are family, maybe not by blood, but we work together.” I disagreed with those school chants we were forced to say, however in that moment of shock and sickness they never fitted so perfect.

I alongside everyone else grabbed a few posters, my chin sunk down to the picture of her in my palms. Vasili was model tall; she had ears that rabbits would crave for and eyelashes that giraffes would reach for. Either I or Grove spoke to her, but Hawker for that matter got on with the lanky mouse that walked the corridors of talkative students. She never breathed a word and I never felt the need to know her. Hawker on the other hand found the light in the darkest of places and that’s why I got on with her so well. I liked the fact that she was willing to be kind in a bitchy way.

The lines of students poured out of the school gates and we each and every one of us started printing the town with her face. I approached the near lumber trees outside local shops, sticking tape down against the wood.

“What sick human would do this?” I said out loud only for my ears to hear, but as I on the tip of my shoulder I felt a hand rest aside me. I turned to see Hawker there; she wore her favourite green bomber jacket. Her strawberry blond hair was out with tiny glimpse of plaits displayed scattered across her coat.

“Everyone thinks it was a twisted sick old man, who couldn’t find a lover, but I think different.” She hissed at me with her eyes closing in.

“Who do you think took her then?” I asked while stamping more of her images around the natural source of our home town. The snow against my feet numbed them, much like the trees dead and stuck to the ground.

Hawker toyed with the idea of telling me, but as she shivered in the blanket of ice as she finally responded.

“It’s the beats that come out at night that’s who took her.”

My eyebrows squeezed together, “you mean the bears? I doubt that.” I said edging away from the tree I covered. “She was up by the mountain last night, she told me.”

“So, what has that got to do with anything?”

Hawker spat at the pavement and I dodged the spit fire, “you lot know nothing do you?”

“And what’s that spouse to me mean?”

Hawker folded the image of Vasili’s posters in her pocket and zipped it up for protection, her long hair blew with the cold morning wind. “I’m going to find her that’s what.” She sneered at me and I back away, Hawker exited the space between us, but just before she was about to exit the streets completely she turned back towards me and warned me. “What ever you do don’t climb the mountain, that’s where they like to take people...Girls mainly.”

“What did she just say?” Grove shouted behind me, hands filled with images of the missing teenager.

 “So you want to talk to me now?” I said as I placed my hands on my hips, Grove remained concerned.

“It’s not me who wants to talk.”

 Grove moved to the side of the streets and there behind him was Qaspiel.