Chapter Seven

Author's note: Dear readers hope you are enjoying Under my sheets and the plot so far. Thank you for your support, please do comment or vote and as always happy reading. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We were flying mid air; with his arms wrapped around my waist I couldn’t bare the sharpness of the crisp yet frozen wind hitting my eyes. “Open them.” He said.

“I can’t.”

I felt his grip tighten and he responded with a light tone “then you’re only missing out on the view.”

“The view is clearly of the sky, I see it everyday.” I said still with my eyes shut and mind open to the hope that at some point I would land.

“You may see it everyday, but you will never see it like this.” He shot back at me as his warm breathe sat against my ear hole.

“Okay “ and without any wonder or idea to what I was about to witness I allowed my eye lids to pour open and as I did so I saw something unlike I have ever viewed before, the sky was not the sky I normally saw- it was not the same bleak grey sky filled with snow. It had a dark lush glow to it, and it was there as the stars glittered like Grove’s jacket on a summers evening that I resized it was the Alaska northern lights before me.

“This is.....This is breathtaking!"

My belly was on top of his back and as I formed a smile that I didn’t know I could produce Qaspiel whole body shuddered with a sense of pride and joy. This was his route, his kingdom to which he travelled most nights and to think that my nights consisted with the sheets over my vision, only made me envy the fact that I couldn’t have experienced this sooner. 

“I know you’re not human and I know this is insane, but....”

“But what?” He asked dodging passed the huge lumber trees that were planted deep within the soil.

“It’s a good kind of insane.” I screamed with the wind in my hair, taking in all the magical moments I knew would soon lead to nowhere.

Qaspiel could a sharp turn and warned me to hold tight as he came to a rough pause we landed on the white mountains of my home town. I jumped off only to take notice of the bird like limbs attached to the back of his skin. Like raven feathers his wings was a sight that I also couldn’t ignore.

“So not only do you have wings and is an amazing flyer, but you are able to see some epic sights.”

He smirked at my words as they gave life to the atmosphere, “you’re taking this as if you’ve known of my kind before.”

“Some times it’s not the things that we come to know that shocks us the most; it’s the way it’s delivered.”

“I was right.” He said covering his art work of feathers around his bare skin.

“Right about what?”

“You really are a sweet natured girl in a place of disposition.”

My face remained still as before, like the calmness after an awaking storm I was waiting for the shock and the reasizion of Qaspiel being a angel to hit me, but in that moment as he stood enveloped within his own feathers I toyed with the idea of shock, but no emotion of that kind appeared, only the pure excitement that I for one had something to myself, a secret that could be mine and Qaspiel’s and no one else’s.

“So this place of disposition?” I asked edging over tip of the mountain, the clouds softened as though it was impossible enough the situation I was living in felt limitless- and I for the first time felt the capture of butterflies have the courage to escape from their glass bottle. Qaspiel swallowed and let the silence speak for a while, and then he took a step closer to me.

“This place of disposition is one that suits you best.”

I allowed him to invade my personal space and I knew too that his glass bottle had been unlocked; he gave me his normal cheeky grin ending the corners of his mouth with a response.

“So I know you don’t do details, but the only other thing I could say about you is your hair and eye colour. I don’t know you like I should.”

“You know where I live that’s for sure.”

“ Octavia tell me something about yourself that other’s don’t know.”

I tried to rack my brains, things others did not know..?? I couldn’t think nor wonder of any- but came up with one in an act of him asking.

“Others don’t know that I know an angel.” I said laughing making out I was happy when really I was hurt to the simply fact that I didn’t wish to expose myself yet.

“Okay you’re turn.” I said taking the opportunity to sit down on the rocks and rumble of the nature surrounding me. “I’m a fallen one and you’re the chosen one.”

“Chosen one?”

“I think it’s best if I at least explain to you what’s really going on.”

“Qaspiel, please just for now don’t tell me who you are or where you’ve been, just sit here under the stars and enjoy the sweet disposition.”

“You really are so different from any other human I have had contact with.”

I set my eyes on the glittering stars above me and as they twinkled my excitement did too, I knew there was something darker to come.

“Is it a good different?” I questioned bringing my knees up towards my chest, he turned his head as he too laid flat on top of the rocks.

“It’s a good insane.”  He replied grabbing my hand without consent, but it was an unauthorised moved I didn’t mind.