CHAPTER FOUR

CAKE

DAHLIAH

"You look like a little businessman Koda."I smiled softly while dressing Takoda for the day. I actually hated having to put this little boy in dressy clothes as if he was already grown. This was just another one of Koa's overly strict rules.

"Whassa' businessman?"He looked up at me with his big brown almost black eyes.

"Well, your daddy's a businessman. He goes out in the city and has meetings and uh...stuff like that."I smiled. I certainly couldn't tell him everything a man like his father does for a living.

"I wanna go out! I wanna go out!"He jumped. I gave him a confused look and wondered, just how often has Koa let Takoda go out into the regular world?

After sitting Koda down at the table for breakfast I had Asashi watch him while I went to find Koa. It was still early so he hadn't gone out for work just yet.

"Where are you going miss?"Asashi asked slightly consider.

"Oh I'm just gonna go talk to Koa."I explained politely. He paused looking me up and down before ordering two men to watch Takoda. He swiftly held out his arm for me to grab.

"Here miss, I'll show you the way."

"Oh okay, thanks."

When I arrived at Koa's room I saw the black door that contrasted the light colored floors.

Knock knock knock

I cautiously tapped the door. But the door was already unlocked and opened up slightly. I stuck my head in and peeked inside to see if he was even there. Nothing. I stepped in and I looked around before calling out,

"Um...Koa? Are you in here?"

"I already warned you about poking your nose into things it isn't supposed to be." I jumped when I saw him standing behind the door, dressed in only a black silk robe. What is with this guy and showing up out of no where?

"Well I..."I didn't really know what to say.

"What do you need from me? Is Takoda asking for me? Tell him I'll be there shortly."He slowly shut the door with his large hand. I watched his hand shut the door before looking back at him.

"Uh no, but I had something to ask you."

"And it can't wait?"He strolled off while pulled his long silky black hair into a traditional ponytail then walking over to his own closet.

"Well, it's just I wanted to know how often Takoda...goes outside the house. You know like in the city. Off the property."

"Takoda goes out when I need him to."He let his black robe fall to the floor.

BOOM

His back was tattooed with dark heavy black ink. It was one single giant kanji symbol I couldn't make out. I've heard of organized crime groups getting tattooed but not just one large symbol. It looked like it hurt honestly. I quickly turned around fully realizing he was completely naked. At the same time I tried to cover my ears because they blushed a bright red. I didn't want him to think oddly of me so I tried to continue what I had to say,

"It's just...maybe we could get outta the house and go to like a um cafe or maybe a playground. You know something like that," I suggested. I heard his heavy footsteps shuffle and move around as he got dressed behind me.

"A playground? A cafe?"He sounded annoyed,

"No way. That's not safe. Besides, I have work and he has his studies."He explained.

"There's nothing wrong with taking a break. Believe me. I mean everyone needs to relax every once in a while."I snapped back. Suddenly, I heard his heavy footsteps come towards me. I didn't wanna turn around I was so on edge. I heard him tighten his buckle on his belt.

"If you're talking about me, then turn around and say it to my face."He whispered.

"I was...talking about your son. Takoda." I mumbled still refusing to turn around and face him properly. He paused before sighing,

"You're right. He's my son. He will do what I want him to and go where I want him to go."He said opening the door. I followed him and said,

"B...But he's just a kid, Koa. Let him go out and have some fun."He stopped in the middle of the hallway before continuing without a word.

"なんでしょう?"

"I want the blue drink daddy!"He jumped on my hip pointing. I grinned and whispered in Takoda's ear. He giggled and asked sweetly,

"Can I have the um Angel cake daddy?"

"You sure can."He whispered and kissed his cheek making him giggle. He turned to me,

"What about you?"He asked me bluntly.

"Um, I'll just have what he's having."I smiled and Takoda cheered. Koa then put in our orders while we took a seat. I took the time to remove our matching black puffy coats and place them on the back of the chair.

Koa had completely shut down the cafe. It was surrounded by his men and anyone who wanted to walk across the sidewalk in front of the little shop had to cross the street and go around. I felt bad. This is not exactly what I had in mind, but at least we're having a good time.

I looked at Takoda sitting in his chair just taking in all the scenery with his large dark brown eyes. I smiled in contentment that he at least got to experience a little bit of the outside world. Even if it meant sitting in an empty cafe. I knew that Koa could deny me and my efforts, but never Takoda.

"Thanks."I nodded when Koa sat the drinks and small cakes down on the round white table.

"Whoa."Takoda grinned watching the blue drink's colors swirl around in the glass.

"Here's your straw Koda. Don't spill it okay?"I handed it to him.

"I won't mommy."He giggled.

"You didn't want anything to eat?" I asked looking up at Koa. Takoda gasped and suggested.

"Mommy and daddy eat cake together! Sit down, daddy!"I looked at him and he took a seat gracefully. Then slid my plate over to him and used the fork to cut it in half. He slid the cake back over to me. I glanced down at the cake. I blushed, just a little bit.

"No daddy you have to feed mommy! And mommy you feed daddy!"Takoda explained. I looked to Koa for an answer. He sighed.

"Come over here."He ordered and I quietly moved my chair next to him on the other side of the small table. He used his fork to gently cut the cake into a small bit sized piece, stabbed it, and lifted it to my lips.

"Open your mouth."He insisted. I did so and he put it in. I tasted the sweetness of the cake and grinned awkwardly. It was actually really good.

"Your turn daddy."Takoda grinned happily. Geez, Koda! I feel like you know I'm scared of your dad and you still put me in the snake's pit! I still love you though. I glanced at Koa for reassurance he wouldn't bite my hand off.

"早く."He parted his red lips. I  picked up the fork and pushed it gently into the cake. I then nervously placed it in his mouth and pulled the fork away. He gently chewed it and slightly grinned at his son.

"Happy now?"Takoda quickly shook his head with a big beaming smile.

I unconsciously smiled softly at both of them. Of course, I couldn't help but tear up. I couldn't help it, this feeling in my stomach made me feel so fuzzy and warm.

TO BE CONTINUED...