Chapter Nine: Leorio's Finger

[AUTHOR'S POV]

The four of them; Gon, Kurapika, Leorio and Athanasia followed the Captain into a certain room where the other staff were (or was-? My brain is not working rn😫) controlling the ship (I'm sorry, I don't know what its called TwT)

They stood and lined up silently as the old man turned to face them.
"First, tell me your names" he demanded.
"I'm Gon!" gon answered as he raised his hand, a big smile on his face.
"And I'm-" Athanasia was going to respond when an excited Gon cut her.
"This is my twin, Athanasia!" he chirped while pointing towards the girl who was standing between him and Kurapika.

' at least let me introduce myself on my own! Ugh, I wanted to act cool!' Athy thought as she mentally face palmed.

"twin?" The captain repeated after gon, disbelief could be seen on his face.

' well duh, yes. Are you deaf, man?!' You know whose thoughts are these.

" we may not look alike but yes, it's true.we're twins." Athanasia said.

He nodded and hummed in response then looked at the other two.

"I'm kurapika." he said with a composed and calm voice.

"It's leorio!" he spoke with a hint of annoyance in his tone.

' dude, chill. '  Athy thought.

"why do you want to become a hunter?" The captain asked.

Leorio, who was pissed off pointed his finger to the man in front of them and  snapped, " Hey! If you're not an examiner, you can't boss us around!"

The captain kept a straight face and demanded "just answer the question!"

During this commotion, our main character's mind was elsewhere.
' I wonder.. Was his nose always like that?'

Gon smiled and decided to be the first one to answer the Captain's question, again.
"My dad is a hunter!, "
Upon hearing that,the captain frowned slightly.
"I left whale Island because I want to know why he wanted to be a hunter so much."

' whale Island... So these two are ging's son and daughter.. The day has finally come, huh?' The captain thought while looking at the twins.

[ATHY'S POV]

I nodded then added after Gon, "And I want to become stronger. Strong enough to protect those around me."
' strong enough to beat ging's ass,  send hisoka flying to another planet, make Sil-chan proud and... Save him... '

They looked at me with weird eyes. ' The hell?'

"like always, you're amazing, sis!"
"that's a nice goal, kid." The captain praised me.

"oi! You two! You're not supposed to answer his question!" Leorio yelled out.
"why?" Gon asked.
"Yeah, why?" I asked as well, acting innocent.
"I don't want to reveal why I'm here!" he answered us as he put his finger on Gon's forehead.

I slapped his hand away as I glared at him.
' I know that he means no harm but still.. It pisses me off. '

Before he could react, Kurapika cut in. "I agree with leorio."

Leorio gasped slightly and pointed his finger towards the Kurta boy.
' I swear you'll get that finger of yours  cut off someday, eorio man'

Kurapika just ignored him and kept talking.
" one could simply dodge the question with a plausible lie. But I consider lying a sin and it's dishonorable,  "

' that's my boi'
"that said, if I were to tell you the truth, I would be exposing my deepest secrets. This is why, I cannot provide an answer." he finished as he put a hand over his chest where his heart was located.

Leorio kept yelling as everyone was ignoring him.
' pfft, poor eorio man. But it's so funny. '

" in other words, you refuse to answer my question. "
' uh oh. I know where this is going.'

"Katzo." he called out one of the staff nearby.
"yes, Captain?" he responded.
"Tell the exam committee that we have two more dropouts."

"what?" Kurapika and Leorio asked at the same time with confused looks on their faces.

' teehee, you really  thought I was like Gon and answered these questions because I wanted to? Pffft idiots!' I grinned.
' wait, I watched the anime so maybe I'm cheating..? Nah, not my fault or whatever, hehehe.'