Chapter two

~mild Sexual content warning~

Ned looked over to the bed Darius was asleep, wrapped in the rabbit fur cover he looked peaceful laying there, he cherished these moments of peace at the end of a long day, and he often wondered if he would ever get to enjoy these times with a mate and children of his own. he was twenty-seven his wolf and he yearned to have someone to call theirs. Not that he did not love the boy he did with his whole heart but still pups of his own a mate to love, a man has needs. He scratched that particular itch on occasion with the tavern wenches down in the village but he still yearned to find his mate. But what chance had he of that in this backwater? there was not another pack for fifty miles, Wolves rarely passed across the moors and he had resigned himself to the fact that he and his mate may never meet. checking again to be sure the boy was asleep he shrugged on his jacket and boots and left the croft.

The road to the village was short barely two miles, the way lit by the moonlight, it cast eerie shadows and he shivered against the chill evening air. he would have liked to have shifted but this close to the village? it was not a risk he was prepared to take ''What eyes see mouths swiftly tell'' he reminded himself as he walked swiftly along the well-trodden path to the village. when he had first arrived in the village he had been the source of much speculation, so young a boy with a baby, Suspicious of newcomers it had taken some time to gain their acceptance, but despite their suspicions, they had been generous helping with clothing for the baby, a goat for milk and the croft it was old and ramshackle and had not been lived in for years, but they had helped him to turn it into a home for him and the boy.  

Pushing open the door to the tavern Ned immediately spotted a free table in the corner the Drovers was a typical tavern, its atmosphere convivial, the patrons varied and a cohort of bar wenches enough to satisfy any man's taste and occasionally travelers brought news of the wider world. he walked up to a table swinging his leg over the bench he sat and waited for one of the women to serve him. It was particularly full this evening mainly locals that he recognized but some had traveled from further afield and were strangers. He was always wary around strangers and did his best to avoid making eye contact lest he should have to make conversation. It was not long before Rosie sidled up to his table She was a pretty girl warm and welcoming. 

"Bring me some Ale Rosie, I am a thirsty man"

He pulled her into his lap and whispered into her ear making her giggle the tone was musical to his ears and made him smile. She brushed away his hands and stood to fetch him his ale.

"You are far too cheeky Ned for your own good," she pouted prettily pretending to be annoyed but he could tell she was teasing. 

She chewed her bottom lip and stared at him her head tilted in curiosity as though trying to fathom something out, before walking away to fetch his ale. it seemed just moments later that she returned with a large tankard of ale filled to overflowing its contents sloshing as she wound her way across the bar.  She placed his Ale on the bench before climbing onto his lap her legs straddling his he kissed her neck licking and nibbling at the flesh "No marks, landlord was furious with me after the last time Ned, you just behave yourself", she murmured groaning as he worked his way to her breasts. are you available tonight he asked as she squirmed in his lap, 

"Always for you Ned you know that now drink up your ale and we can take this somewhere more private".

He picked up his Ale downing it in one go. "let's go". 

Rosie slid off his lap and taking him by the hand led him up the stairs the landlord kept rooms upstairs for such purposes and Ned was a regular, Rosie nodded to the landlord as she climbed the stairs letting him know that she had a customer. Ned followed her to her room, watching her walk in front of him her arse swaying from side to side had his full attention.