Professor 2- The Affair pt 4. Wanda X Reader

Y/n POV

Her hands run through my hair, our lips fight harder, everything quickly becoming more heated. I push against her chest breaking us apart. "stop, stop," her eyes ghost with concern "you're hurting... your relationship- marriage just 'unofficially' ended."

She takes a deep breath nodding slowly "You're right I should go." She whispers. "Wanda, you don't have to go but you're hurt and you're making reckless decisions... I'm definitely one of those. We have to think about where this going." She shakes her head at me.

"You're not a reckless decision... I've been thinking about you since before my relationship ended... you know this." I smile a little. I know what she's getting at.

"I'm just saying we have to be careful because if were not all hell with break loose... I just don't know if you're prepared for that." I admit.

"And you are?" she questions.

At the end of the day this relationship is not illegal, but it is beyond immoral in so many ways. I just have to make sure that should this whole thing blow up in our faces, we can make it through the fallout.

She rests her head in her hands "How the hell did we end up here?" she mutters. I wrap my arm over her shoulders "I don't know."

I muster up the courage to speak my next words, taking in a deep breath before hand "Wanda what even are we... I just would like to know," I take another breath "am I just the 'dirty mistress rebound' or..." my words fade out to nothing as she lifts her head to look me in the eye.

"You want the truth?" she questions quietly.

"Always."

"When I first met you, you were the pretty girl in the third row who had nice handwriting, you were the girl who had doodles on her tests and that was it... just a pretty girl," she continues "but then you were everywhere all the time, and you were the pretty girl who was nice enough to care about me." I stare at her.

"Somehow somewhere along the way I blurred the line between appreciating you for who you are and falling for you." she tells me honestly.

"Can we just start again... clean slate if you're serious about how you feel properly end it with Serena." Its so wrong of me to ask her to do this but I think it's the right thing to do. Yes, maybe at one point an affair was hot and seemed a lot of fun.

But right now, the ring on her finger is yet another obstacle making it harder for us to be together even if we don't even know what 'together' means for us.

I sense the hesitation in her voice as she agrees to do what I asked but still I feel confident that she'll do it.

--

Wanda's POV

I agreed to tell Serena about y/n and I two weeks ago and I've been putting it off ever since... yes, it's what I want but that doesn't make the conversation any easier to have.

We meet in our house, together we sit across from one another on the sofa. "You wanted to talk... I didn't expect this break to end so quickly but I'm so happy to talk to you." she rambles on, but I cut her off.

"Serena that's not what this is," her body language shifts, and I can see it on her face, she already knows it's over and I haven't even said the words, so I feel no need to actually say them. I pass her over the divorce paper, which already have my signature on them.

Her tears fall onto the paper, wet blotches dampening the sheets. She looks up at me, her blue eyes glistening with tears. "This i-is what you want?" her voice cracks as she speaks through her sobs bringing the familiar burning sensation forward, pricking at my eyes.