she had leant forward during her speech, her voice raising slightly, so she sat back with a big release of breath and crossed her arms. yoongi and jimin had stopped debating and were now observing from the side. hoseok also popped out of his room to witness.

but she wasn't really mad. just wanted them to know how she felt, to see her side of things.

"y/n i completely get what you're saying, i can see why you're upset- if i could tell you i would. but it isn't my place, it's jungkook's." namjoon looked at her as though he truly meant it and wanted her to understand.

"no yeah, okay. i get it, i do. i just want you guys to see my side of things."

she was glad to have got that of her chest, to have told them how she was feeling.

"we do! we do, trust me. i'm sorry that it's like this, you know we're not doing it on purpose."

"yeah, i know."

y/n smiled softly at him, letting him know she wasn't really angry at him. he returned it.

"anyway, enough of jungkook." she said brightly while clapping her hands, repeating the words of sana from a few days before.
"i need to get ready, and so do you by the looks of things." she said pointing at yoongi's current outfit. it involved green swimming trunks and an old t-shirt she was pretty sure she'd seen namjoon wearing before.

"yeah, yeah i know. i was obviously just wearing this to sleep in."

"obviously." jimin mimicked from beside him. yoongi turned around, arms already putting him in a head lock, jimin instantly got ready to fight back when y/n stood up.

"dibs using the bathroom first!" she said, racing over to it as she heard collective complaining from behind her. a few insults were thrown her way. most likely from yoongi. no, definitely from yoongi.

-

an hour had passed and y/n had showered, done her and make up and was getting dressed into her chosen outfit. her hair was loose, resting in waves on her shoulders and her makeup was light. it mainly only involved eyeliner and mascara. her outfit was a simple one due the party being pretty casual and she didn't want to seem overdressed. not that anybody would care, the uni wasn't that kind of place.

(outfit chosen!! :)

(outfit chosen!! :)

she paired her outfit with her trusty platform doc martens and an over sized, black denim jacket that she probably wouldn't need.

sana had replied to her message she sent earlier with an enthusiastic
"yes!!!! 😁😁😁👍" so y/n had planned for them to meet outside of there building. the walk to the building the party was being held at wasn't a long one, thankfully.

"hey y/n! you nearly ready?" she heard yoongi yell at her from outside the room.

"yeah! one sec." she grabbed her last few bits and took one final look in the mirror.

y/n, you're hot. act like it.

was this how self love was supposed to work? y/n wasn't sure.

she joined the others in the living space, noticing there outfits weren't too bad for once. she liked to think it was her influence. (it definitely was.)

(imagine run mv kinda outfits, layered shirts and stuff :) sorry, couldn't find any good photos so..)

"you ready then?"

"yup, let's go!" hoseok answered in an upbeat tone.

the six of them left the dorm, y/n, yoongi, namjoon, hoseok, jimin and his bestfriend taehyung, who had appeared from somewhere without anyone noticing. not an uncommon occurrence, the two of them seemed inseparable, one never far from the other.

hoseok had to slightly herd them out, someone always straying away to get a forgotten item or spray some unneeded aftershave.

"so guys, whose excited?" jimin said, excitedly. taehyung raised his arm, as if to say yes, in enthusiasm beside him.

"me! y/n are you? first uni party and all." namjoon enquired.

"of course! it's gonna be such a good night, for sure." she answered in anticipation.

she was ready for the night to begin.