❤Twenty Nine❤

Seven years ago

I hear something ring disturbing my sleep. "Get it Ash. Make it stop." I mumble trying to sleep again. The ringing doesn't stop making me raise my head towards Ashton's side of the bed but there's no one.

I look at my bedside table to find my phone ringing. "Mum. It's so early. What do you want?" I ask immediately I pick up and I hear laughter on the other side.

"Happy birthday Princess." I hear my dad's voice.

"Its eleven and she's still in bed?" I hear my mum's voice scolding.

"It's her birthday. Let her sleep as long as she wants." I hear my dad say making me smile. They always banter.

"Hey dad, hi mummy. Did you call so that you can speak to each other?" I ask as I let out a laugh in amusement. I feel the bed dip as Ashton comes behind me and embraces me. He kisses my neck and whispers a 'happy birthday' to me.

"Morning Mr Martins, morning Mrs Martins." Ashton  says into the phone and my mum greets him back happily.

"Did you sleep on the same bed?" My dad asks his voice low and I roll my eyes as Ash lets out a nervous breath. Dad always does this.

We talk for another five minutes until Aston receives a call and excuses himself. My parents hang up a minute later saying they had to prepare for work.

I stand then walk to the bathroom after picking out my clothes for the day. I had an afternoon class but I had a morning shift at the mall. I work in a teenagers' clothes store. The pay has been better than the last store I worked in. I've always loved clothes. Designing has always been my passion.

I bathe as fast as I can and prepare myself. I walk to the kitchen where I find different types of food laid out but no Ashton. I walk around the house and find Ash talking to someone on the phone. He runs his hand through his hair severally in frustration making me worry.

'Who is he talking to?'

"Don't worry, I'll take the first flight and be there." He says pacing around but stops when he sees me. He looks at me in shock but plays it off a second later and I point to him towards the kitchen.

'I'll be in the kitchen.' I mouth and he nods and smiles at me. I walk towards the kitchen and start taking out the plates and glasses that we'll need for breakfast. I make Ashton's cup of coffee just the way he likes as I try not to think about his call.

'He'll tell me everything like he always does.' I say in my mind. But he said he's leaving. I take in a deep breath as I pour the coffee in a cup. I feel his chest on my back as he kisses my neck and I smile.

"Hey there. I feel like I haven't seen you today." I mumble as his kiss rises to my jaw making his way to my lips. He turns me around and kisses me making me snake my arm around his neck.

"I love you." He says when he parts from me and I smile he kisses my cheek then kneels to my flat tummy. "And I love you too." He kisses my stomach then rises.  "Let's eat breakfast." He says and I smile.

"I love you too." I say as we walk to the set table. "And I love this breakfast." I say excitedly as I sit and start placing the crispy bacon on my plate making Ashton laugh.

"Ruth prepared a party at her house. She just told me yesterday night." I say after breakfast as we clean up.

"Yeah? At what time?" He asks distracted making me look at him in worry.