❤Twenty Three❤

"You play dirty." Jayden complains as he walk to me as I raise an eyebrow.

"I could feel your ego hurt from here." I tease as we walk to the receptionist. "Hey, I'm Jada and this is my fiancé Jayden. We had an appointment with Jade Cloud." I say making Jayden choke on air. I move towards him knowing why he reacted this way.

"Are you okay sweetie?" I ask innocently as the lady looks at him worriedly before her eyes widen.

"Oh My God! You are Jayden Williams!" She squeal as Jayden mutters an Oh No! "My best friend is your number one fan. She has watched all your games and has your stickers." She says with a grin.

"I see you missed your time with her but she'll let you in when she sees who you are. Maybe even have a private yoga lesson." She says and I raise an eyebrow at her. She looks at me with the same smile. "I didn't mean it that way. She doesn't mix business with pleasure." She adds.

She picks up the telephone. "Jade, you won't believe who is in need of your services." She says unprofessionally but enthusiastically making me grin.

"Wow! Do you get this reaction everywhere?" I ask a bored Jayden.

"I wish they were like hers. I get worse." He says and I grin.

"Sucks to be you." My grin continues and he smiles at me.

"I love how care free you are these days. You're not as uptight as you were when I met you. Your eyes don't look as dead too." He says making me shut up. I walk towards the lady who's badge is written on Skylar.

"She's ready to see you. Her office is down the hall fifth door on your right." She says and I nod then start walking as per her directions. I see Jade's name written on the door and I knock twice. I hear a come in and just as I place my hand on the knob Jayden also places his making me look at him in question.

"I'm not sorry for what I said because it was true. You should learn to appreciate when you are complimented." He talks looking into my eyes and I look away.

"I don't need anyone's compliments and you're not my dad to tell me what to do or how to react." I say just as the door opens and a woman with dyed white hair and some red streaks appears with a smile.

"I heard a knock minutes ago and I told you to enter but..."

"Hi Jade. I'm Jada and this is my fiance Jayden..."

"Jayden Williams." She completes looking at Jayden in awe. Jayden just says a weird hello slightly moving closer to me.

"Can we come in?" I ask and she breaks from whatever trance she's in and moves aside. I get in with Jayden close to me as she gestures to two seats. Jayden sits on one as I stand and look around her office. Most things are about yoga apart from a basketball placed on a shelf.

"So, what do I owe this pleasure from the Jayden Williams and his fiance?" I roll my eyes when she inserts 'the'.

"We'll get straight to the point here Jade Cloud. We've been informed that you balanced books for the Spider a year ago before you retired. I'd really like to make this short for both you and I if you just cooperate with us." I say placing a hand on Jayden's shoulder making her look between us in shock.

"I... I.. D" she starts. "Who the hell are the spiders?" She asks after composing herself.

"As I said, cooperate with us and we'll make this short. And we'll be done here. And don't think about lying to us." I say my voice cold and lower. I move towards her desk.

"I have no obligation to tell you anything. You better leave or I'm calling the police." She says standing going for the telephone on her desk but I hold her hand.