Chapter 4 - Sophie

Apparently, Mr. Forkle decided Keefe wasn't worth looking for. Or something like that. Honestly, Sophie had stopped listening after he listed reason after reason that they should "let him be," and if he didn't want to be found, "he wouldn't be found." They clearly didn't know Sophie. She wouldn't rest until they found him. 

But they wouldn't let her. Wouldn't let her find her own friend! 

And she felt. So. Much. Anger.

Why wasn't she allowed to find an important part of the Black Swan? Wasn't he one of the five people, who would part of the Collective? 

She felt the need to shout, "HELLO. KEEFE IS IN THE HUMAN WORLD. IT'S POTENTIALLY DANGEROUS," but she thought better of it. 

The arguing in the room was unbearable. Many people thought that they should let Keefe be, but the people who thought they should find him were still fighting. It was mainly Sophie's friends, but Edaline and - surprisingly - Grady wanted to look for him, too. 

Ro snuck over to Sophie (which was hard, seeing as she was big and bulky like an average ogre) and said quietly, "This all seems kinda pointless, huh? When our boy's missing and no one even wants to find him?" 

Ro had not been happy when Keefe had used his new ability on her and left her tied up. But she was determined to find him, which was sweet. Even if it was only to punish him with some yummy bacteria. 

Sophie groaned. "Tell me about it," she said, surprised she was having a one-on-one conversation with the ogre that didn't involve threats or secrets being revealed. "I don't get why they don't want me to find him. I'd do it by myself, even!"

Ro grunted. "Hunkyhair would love to know that they're all fighting over him." She rolled her eyes as she examined her nails. "Ugh. It's so boring being in Sparkle Town without a charge to threaten."

Sophie felt a smirk creep onto her face. "Awww, that's so sweet! Are you saying you miss Keefe?"

Ro rolled her eyes. "Of course not! But I do miss giving threats and bacteria to a certain someone." Her choppy, pink pigtails were in it's normal style, but it seemed as if she had rushed through them. Sort of like she really did miss Keefe.

Sophie felt her eyes turn misty when she thought about Keefe, so she shoved the thought away. But she found herself whispering, "I miss him too."

Ro smirked. "What do you say we pay him a visit?"

"Um... we're not allowed to. And we don't know where he is. And-"

"Way to be a party pooper, Blondie. We'll sneak off, obviously. He can't be too hard to look for. Have you tried reaching out to him?"

"With what?"

"Your fancy ability tricks."

"Wh- ohhhh."

"Ugh - don't tell me you didn't already think of that?" Ro groaned and rolled her eyes dramatically.

"I didn't," Sophie admitted. 

"Blondie, you gotta be more attentive. Let Auntie Ro give you a little lesson with that."

"Sorry! I had a lot on my mind, okay? We have to focus on getting Keefe back right now," she said defensively. 

"That won't happen if you can't pay attention and use your advantages," Ro said, out-snarking herself every day. 

"Says the one who let Keefe escape - and you're the bodyguard!" Sophie deadpanned, angry at Ro for blaming it on her.

Keeper of the lost cities - after unlockedजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें