Episode 5: Jaune's Struggle

Start from the beginning

She nodded.

"Wanna sit down with us?" I said as I sit down and bring my plate over.

"Oh, I don't want to trouble you so." She was hesitant.

"Ah don't worry about it. I won't bite." I said as I joke around while smiling.

She sits down beside me. She's fidgeting. I guess she's still nervous after what those guys did to her and curious about what my objective was....is what I was thinking but Lupin's thoughts were different.

Oh? I guess the girl's taken a liking to him huh? Too bad, he's not the type to enter into relationships.....for now. Lupin smirked.

I gave her a portion of my food since hers was taken by them. At first she hesitated but I insisted so she received them.

"You know, I'm starting to think that Theo...is kinder than he looks." Says Ruby.

Nora, Blake and Pyrrah chuckled.

"You don't say." Says Yang.

Jaune sighed and then, he went outside. Leaving his tray to the counter.

A day has passed.

* * *

We woke up early and prepared our things needed for class. As soon as we finished, we went to our classroom.

It was a class held by Professor Oobleck. He was talking way too fast we had no choice but to listen intently.

Oh, and he's dashing here and there too.

As soon as the class ended, Jaune and Cardin remained on the room together with Professor Oobleck while Pyrrah was waiting for Jaune outside the room.

Lupin said he has things to take care of in the city so, he went there without me. I head over to the rooftop and found a spot to relax.

I lie down under a shade as I gaze up in the blue sky, enjoying the cool breeze.

"Finally some alone time." I said as I listen to my surroundings. I raise my weapon up to see its form. I gently smiled.

"We've come a long way buddy." I was talking to my weapon.

While I was resting, I saw a bright flash on my side at a distance, I shifted my gaze to see what it is that just flashed.

It was just like a camera flash. But I didn't see anything out of the ordinary.

So I decided that it must've been a slight reflection from the sun so, I didn't give it that much thought.

As time went by, I heard someone talking. When I woke up, the sky was already dark. It's already evening.

"No! That's not why I brought you up here." It was a woman's voice.

I rose up and saw Jaune and Pyrrah talking.

"Jaune, I know you're having a difficult time in class and that you're not the strongest of fighters so, I wanna help you." Says Pyrrah.

I stood up and hid in a box nearby.

"Uh...what?" He was confused.

"We can train up here after class where no one can bother us." Says Pyrrah.

"You think I need help?" Says Jaune.

"No! No, that's not what I meant." Says Pyrrah.

"But you just said it."

Yeah, he's really feeling down. I thought.

"Jaune, everybody needs a little push from time to time. It doesn't make you any different from the rest of us. You made it to Beacon. That speaks volumes of what you're capable of." Says Pyrrah.