twenty.

That night she's staying over at Eun's place.

Areum had to escape him, escape seeing the sight of him again, she knew he would show up unannounced at her apartment right after his escorting service ends for the night. And that's why she currently has an arm over her friend's shoulder, supporting the whole body weight, throwing Eun back where she rightfully belonged, under the covers.

Perhaps the both of them had consumed a little too much alcohol than they should, but all Areum knew was that she's still in that right mentality to be thinking straight. That's exactly the reason why she's staying over for the night, to escape meeting him, escaping facing the way he adorned himself for tonight. Jaemin would probably show up knocking at her doors around quarter past two, waiting for her to open up but then disappointing himself when no one shows up to attend to his wants.

Areum makes her way towards the kitchen after tucking her dear friend to sleep, the kitchen was one of the hues of light upon cloud, of the kinds of creams and greys that soothed, small framed pictures hung by the wall and refrigerator magnets decorated on the tall box of metal. A sigh left through her currently dry lips, frustration and confusion currently pent up in her thoughts.

Her left eyes twitched, likely due to the lack of sleep she's been getting, a tint of blush pink imprinted on her skin as an indicator that she had consumed alcohol. Areum's fingers find refuge in her messily tousled hair, like how they used to find refuge in his silky coal hair, everything reminds her of him and she hates that fact. She chews at the bottom of her lips, grabbing at the nearest cup, pivoting on her heels to face the refrigerator. Dispensing the icy cold yet fresh water, treating herself to a cup of comfort, the icy feeling gushing down her throat with chills running down her back from the pleasure of that one gulp.

She bends herself over the counter, both palms covering her eyes, the nth sigh leaving her lips for that night. Areum doesn't even know how she's feeling, everything that night went downhill the moment he captured her eyes, her mood. She was there to relax, maybe escape from reality a little, escape from the clouds of emotions entitled to her. Yet everything went wrong, what else could go wrong when all she did was doll up and get dragged to a gala for the sake of a friend, only to return home with more things clouding her already hazy mind before she left?

There's numerous dings on her phone and she doesn't even have the slightest energy to be taking it out of her purse which was just sitting at the edge of the counter island. It rings in her head that it has a slight possibility of an emergency and is left with no choice but to check it out. Her hands reached out for the black purse, digging through it for the phone. The lock screen lights up to be greeted with five messages from Jaemin, her fingers carelessly tapping at the notification when her thumb hovered barely over the screen.

The phone immediately recognises her face before she could even cancel that action and is directed to the messages app, opening his chats even if the last thing she wanted to do was to avoid him at all cause. The female lets an airy sigh escape from her throat, left with no choice but to read the messages she long dragged to read. It's a pain, she doesn't know since when it was this energy draining to even read messages from him, but it's even a big surprise to herself.

Imessage
Today, 02:47.

Jae‼️:
Are you at home right now?

or are you asleep?

m'lady i'm currently suffering in
the cold right at your doorstep so
could you please unlock the door
for me.

fuck, are you really asleep...?

I missed you, open uppp.

There's an unconscious upward curve at the ends of her lips, one that boosted her mood for tonight even though he was the cause of how mentally and physically drained she felt tonight. Her eyes flickered over the last message in a blink of an eye, the last message was deleted, she wonders why? Is he embarrassed of it or was it just an accident?