twelve.

"No, I should — I need to get going. I... Jeno's waiting for me to cook his dinner right now, and I totally forgot about that."

"And it's almost five in the morning...?" Pure bullshit excuse he had given, even if he wanted to lie his way out at least make out a better lie? "Yeah as in breakfast, why did I even say dinner. Jeno's going to be up soon for his workout so I need to dish up something edible for him." It's more than obvious he wants to get the hell out of her apartment for whatever reason.

All Areum could do was hope and pray that it isn't her who's driving him away, and distance themselves from each other. "Alright then, have a great day." She told him, turning at the knob of the door with him hurriedly slipping into the black laced shoes he has got. "Thanks for holding the movie session. Next Halloween will be more fun, I swear I'll spend the day with you and maybe not fall asleep on your shoulders again or anything."

"Okay, see you soon...?" Areum question, searching for a clue, any hint, or anything that will tell her that it's not her who's causing the drift if there was any, maybe he hasn't found out about her yet. And that's a sign they could still be friends, be best friends, because no matter how badly she wanted to kiss him, hold his hand, roll around in bed with him, loving him from afar is good enough.

"Yes, definitely. Dinner? Someday this week? Uh... I'll text you about it, yeah? I have got to go, see you soon!" With that, he dashes down the hallways and the end of Halloween ends the same as it started, alone in the apartment with no one else but a puppy.

Jaemin ran out of her apartment the other day like it was infested with cockroaches or lizards. As if her house was going to catch on fire with her microwave ever so close to the sink. It was as if simply being inside it was going to scar him for life. Perhaps her apartment is cursed, he does believe in ghosts. Tiny ghosts could be living inside the small cracks of her house and the hanging chamber of her puppy's bed and she'd never know considering the fact that they've watched the whole Conjuring series at her house.

"He just ran out, like just like that?" Eun-Yi questioned, clearly puzzled. The two of them have been working on the first floor of the library all day by the windows, obviously doing everything in their power to actually complete most of their assignments so they could rest the moment they reached home. "Yeah? He had to cook for Jeno I guess?" A sigh left her mouth, recollecting the reason and scene when he zoomed out of her apartment. Eun-Yi narrows her eyes and raises the side of her brows, the same way she always does when she's plotting something. "Very suspicious indeed."

"What? I don't understand, could you, you know, make it easier for my pea-sized brain to understand?" Areum mumbles, nudging her to see if she could worm a less mysterious and explainable response out of her. "Nothing, let's focus on the assignments, yes and you pea-sized brain stores more knowledge than mine." Eun-Yi says with a nonchalant shrug, she clearly has something to spill. "What?" Areum repeats forcefully and Eun-Yi doesn't get to go all abstrue on her just because Jaemin ran out of her apartment like it had set fire and didn't have the time to actually dig something out but still he needed adequate sleep.

"I know I've only known you guys for like two or more years but you two have the strangest yet strongest bond I've ever seen in a relationship." Eun-Yi comments like it doesn't matter much, just speaking out her thoughts about them. "Wait fuck, I meant friendship not relationship. I mean relationship soon though." Areum scowled, keeping her arms resting on her chest while crossed. "Okay and then? What about it?"

"Just..." She pauses, thinking of the right words to use before the volcano erupts right in front of her eyes and she doesn't wanna risk getting burned. In the silence, Eun-Yi begins to pack up her belongings, shoving her laptop into her bag and gathering up the small pile of candy wrappers slowly amassing in front of them. "I've never seen two best friends have a relationship quite like yours kinda? It's like a friends to lovers type of beat, you know? You two even played the guitars and drum together, a whole collaboration."

"What are you having for dinner? I have plans with Minrae, but you're welcome to join if you want, the more the merrier!" Eun-Yi offered with a hint of excitement present in her voice hoping Areum would hop along. Even though she has no idea who Minrae is, Eun-Yi would never exclude her from eating with them or any of her other friends and neither do they have any objections with it after that one or two times she had joined. "I'll pass, I'm getting chinese food with Na, thanks for the offer though knowing you still have me in your mind." Areum says with a raised eyebrow, only to be greeted with Eun-Yi rolling her eyes and ruffling at Areum's hair.

True enough, when they headed out of the glass doors at the front of the library, Jaemin was waiting acquiescently on a bench close by, earpods stuffed in his ears as he bops his head and taps his feet to the beat of the music, lost in his own world. He doesn't even realize that they've left the library until she's right in front of him as she shoves her face in his, when he recognizes her chocolate bambi and eyes her with platonic stars crinkled into crescents.

"Ready to go?" There's a spring in Areum's step with every step she takes towards the nearby chinese restaurant. Her stomach has been rumbling ever since he suggested going out to eat this morning and she had never consumed anything since dusk considering how she didn't want to break the diet of a meal a day. "Of course I am, my lady." He responds, keeping his earbuds away back into their cases as he stands up. "You coming with us Eun?" She shakes her head. "Nope, I have plans with my friend already." There's a nudge against Jaemin's shoulder, and when Areum turns to face Eun-Yi, she winks.

"You two lovebirds enjoy yourself, but don't have too much fun without me. I mean have as much fun but remember to use protection!"