Chapter 1

I ran through the woods laughing and smiling. I loved when I felt free. I can't stand being a princess I want to be free, I love running through the woods on beautiful sunny days like this one. I see a tree leaning over a tree, so I waved my hand and the tree grew bigger so that way it could take my weight. I started to climb up it, when I got to the top I looked over my kingdom and saw from the people in town to the people working in the fields. I knew there was much more, but my mother always made sure that I was close to home, in case anything happened. "Katerina, you need to stop running I'm to old for all of this." Carmicheal said as he ran up to the trunk of the tree. He would be mine and my mate's Beta he was like my brother.

"Yeah, okay, you are only two months older then me so shut up."

"Being 16 is hard, I mean I have to take care of a crazy princess. When are you going to stop being like this Katerina you are now 16."

"Yeah, yeah whatever you say, I don't like being locked up in a castle all the time. It's no fun, I wish I wasn't the Princess, I don't want this I want to be free."

"According to my dad you are just like your mom, speaking of your mother she wants you home to get ready for the ball."

"When?"

"Now," my eyes got wide and we started running to get home, when my mom doesn't get what she wants right away let's just say people are scared to argue with her even my dad. When we got there she was standing on the front steps, "Queen Iris, please forgive I couldn't catch up with her and when I finally did I told her how you wanted her as soon as possible."

"Calm down Carmicheal I'm not mad at you I'm mad at my beloved daughter because she knows better. Would you mind going and helping them set up while I get the birthday girl ready for her ball?"

"Oh course my Queen, good luck keeping up with her," he said while walking past her.

She smiled at me, "Come on baby girl let's go get ready for another stupid party." My mom felt the same way about being a princess or queen as I did. We wanted to run free but we couldn't. My mom came to this land with her people to be with my father. When she came everything here changed, my mom loves to change things.

"Mom, why do I have to take the throne?"

"Because I didn't have another baby," she laughed.

"I want to be free," I said.

"Oh goodness I need to go find your father go to your room and clean up I will be there soon." she ran off. I started to walk down the halls and up the stairs. I wasn't going to go straight to my room I wanted to stop by the library. I want to get The Notebook I have already read it twice. When I get there I smell something amazing. I can't describe it but I knew it was my mate. I followed the smell and when I found the person who it belonged to I saw it was a fat nerd. (I don't have anything against nerds or fat people to be honest I kind of am so yeah.) He looked at me his eyes got wide, "My Princess, I'm so sorry I should have never been in here with you, please forgive me." he bowed.

I walked up to him and pulled The Notebook off the shelf, "What is your name?"

"Hunter Williams," I dropped the book I couldn't believe that he was Carmicheal's twin brother. He never speaks of him and when he does he isn't proud of him.

"Really, you're Carmicheal's twin brother?"

"Yeah, people always ask me how can we be related. Because he is so much cooler then me."

"Well I never thought I would meet you they hardly speak of you."

"Yeah, dad really isn't very happy because I can't shift and I don't have any of the gifts he is kind of ashamed me."